SALARY: $82,139.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 6/16/2021
CLOSING DATE: 6/30/2021 11:59 p.m.
UNIT: Administrative - Grade Level 7
REPORTS TO: CFO
- Ensures accurate and timely financial reports and analysis for management and other end users.
- Provides financial data and projections for the control of College operations in accordance with internal and external reporting requirements.
- Coordinates, analyzes, and provides monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reporting packages.
- Assists with the development, forecasting, and maintenance of the College's annual operating and capital budgets.
- Prepares the College's annual audited financial statements, including footnotes, management discussions and analysis, Profit and Loss statements, Balance Sheets, and Cash Flows.
- Supervises departmental administrators and provides for their training, motivation, and performance appraisal.
- Stays knowledgeable and current with GAAP, as issued by GASB and FASB.
- Assists with the maintenance of the College's financial information systems.
- Co-manages with Controller all external financial reporting.
- Manages the escheat program with the State of New Jersey under the guidance of the CFO.
- Provides external compliance reporting of all COVID-related funding programs.
- Manages tax matters under guidance of the CFO.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field
- Certified Public Accountant License
- Four years' experience in financial reporting
- Experience in higher education reporting
- Experience with audit resolution
- Familiarity with GASB financial statement reporting requirements and generally accepted accounting principles
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience working in an educational institution in New Jersey
- Experience working in a collective bargaining environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm
RETIREMENT PLAN: Pension Eligible
Any new employee hired by Middlesex College after September 1, 2011 must comply with New Jersey residency requirements.