Job Posting TitleCampus Patrol (Temporary)
LocationLos Rios Community College District (All Campuses/Locations)
The Los Rios Community College District is the second-largest, two-year public college district in California, serving approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The District’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake, and Sacramento City colleges. In addition to each college’s main campus, the District offers educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas, and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios District Office is centrally located in the heart of the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley, and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a great place to live and work.
The District has approximately 6,000 employees throughout our four colleges and District Office complex. The District Office is centrally located between all four colleges and provides welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students, employees, and our community partners. Our departments strive for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and are focused on advancing the learning of our diverse student population through improved academic and social outcomes.
Our Colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student success centered education. Our objective is to help our students successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associates degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand career fields.
Patrol campus to prevent damage to property and facilities; assists police officers with traffic control and parking. (Campus patrol persons are not peace officers as designated by law). (Campus patrol persons are not peace officers as designated by law). [For a detailed job description for this posting click here].
● Patrols campus buildings and grounds on foot or by vehicle.
● Checks for signs of prowlers, vandalism, fires or any other danger which might result in loss or damage to property.
● Assists with traffic control, parking and processing of paperwork.
● Reports unusual and suspicious occurrences to local police and fire departments after college hours.
● Reports to supervisor all fire hazards, unsafe conditions and equipment failures.
● Checks doors and windows, secures buildings, turns off unneeded lights, fans, and heater.
● Enforces building and campus regulations as stated in building-use permit.
● Prevents admittance to school premises of unauthorized persons.
● See’s that no equipment or material is removed from school premises unless authorized by the vice president of administration or designee.
● Makes rounds of inspection and checks all buildings.
● Files appropriate reports.
● May assists custodial staff.
● Performs other duties as required.
To be determined.
NOTE: Short-term temporary employees shall not be employed for more than 135 days, or 960 hours, whichever is reached first, in any fiscal year.
Total Hrs per Week/DayTo be determined.
At the time of hire, possess and maintain a valid California Driver’s License in compliance with Los Rios Board Regulation R-8343; employment is contingent upon meeting the requirements of Los Rios Board Regulation R-8343. This position may require operating a District or personal vehicle in order to complete assigned work within the scope of the position duties. At the time of hire, possess and maintain a first aid certificate and CPR certificate; pass a background check; all work must be performed without the use of sidearms, chemical agents, or other offensive weapons.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
Education must be from an accredited institution.
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. Resume/Curriculum Vitae (required).
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified.
● Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Salary$15.70 per hour LRCCD Temporary Classified Positions Salary Schedules
Additional Salary InformationNo additional salary information to note
Beginning and/or Ending Dates
This is an “as needed” pool. When a need arises at any of our locations, this pool of applicants will be sent to the hiring supervisor. Pool requests take place throughout the year.
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during our business hours.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to HR@losrios.edu. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.