Job TitleCustodial, Maintenance, & Operations Specialist - 1.0 FTE - 12 Month
LocationYuba College - Marysville, CA.
Yuba College is seeking an equity-minded, dynamic, collaborative, and innovative employee to serve as the Custodial, Maintenance, & Operations Specialist.
Under the direction of Director of Maintenance & Operations or appropriate administrator, maintain assigned buildings, classrooms, restrooms, offices, grounds, equipment and related facilities in a clean and orderly manner; perform a variety of diverse duties in cleaning, maintaining, and operating facilities; perform minor maintenance, custodial and grounds functions.
Essential Duties Summary
• Sweep, scrub, mop, seal and wax floors; vacuum rugs and carpets in classrooms, offices, workshops and other work areas; wash windows, chalkboards and walls; scrub and refinish floors. (E)
• Dust and polish furniture and woodwork; clean and polish desks. (E)
• Empty and clean waste receptacles and pencil sharpeners; pick up paper; pick up trash s and empty into large bins. (E)
• Clean restrooms including floors, walls, fixtures, appliances and mirrors; restock supplies; polish metal fixtures. (E)
• Move furniture and equipment; set up cafeteria, auditorium, gymnasium, meeting rooms and classrooms for special events and meetings. (E)
• Wash walk and eating areas; clean drinking fountains; make emergency clean-ups in classrooms as assigned. (E)
• Deliver incoming and outgoing freight; assist with minor record keeping associated with delivery functions. (E)
• Inspect buildings for fire, safety, and sanitary hazards; report needed repair work to appropriate personnel. (E)
• Turn lights on and off; unlock and lock doors and gates. (E)
• Participate as part of a cleaning crew, as directed, for major cleaning assignments. (E)
• Perform minor seasonal grounds maintenance activities such as watering, leaf raking, parking lot cleaning and sprinkler repair. (E)
• Perform minor building maintenance activities in the areas of painting, plumbing, and electrical. (M)
• Perform related duties as assigned. (M)
• Basic requirements for the safe maintenance of college facilities
• Minor building maintenance and repair
• Proper methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in cleaning and maintaining various types of building surfaces
• Appropriate safety precautions and procedures
• Common hazards to safety found in and around buildings
• Sprinkler system operation
• Use cleaning materials, equipment and methods according to predetermined standards
• Maintain tools and equipment assigned in clean working order and provide proper security
• Perform minor, nontechnical repairs
• Observe and report need for maintenance and repair
• Work independently with little direction
• Understand and follow oral and written directions
• Work cooperatively with others
• Meet schedules and time lines
• Prepare purchase requests
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school and three years custodial, grounds or maintenance experience.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Valid California driver’s license
• Indoor and outdoor environment
• Driving a vehicle to conduct work
• Subject to evening or variable hours
• Lifting heavy objects
• Standing and walking for extended periods of time
• Bending at the waist
• Climbing ladders
• Seeing to assure proper and complete cleaning
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate cleaning equipment
• Cleaning chemicals and related fumes
Range/StepRange 18, CSEA Salary Schedule
Salary Range$2,702.31 – $2,979.30/MO.
BENEFITS/SALARY: The District offers a comprehensive benefits package for employees and dependents for positions whose FTE is .60 or higher, valued at over $20,000 annually with a $310.50 monthly out of pocket expense to employees + dependents for their monthly medical premiums. The package includes health, dental, vision, one (1) life insurance policy and an Employee Assistance program. Additional benefits include contributions to the Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS) which is integrated with Social Security, 457/403b options, Vacation days – 7.33 hrs per month for the first year, 96 hours of vacation leave per years 1-5, 12 sick days and 20 holidays.
This position is anticipated to be assigned to Yuba College but may be assigned temporarily or permanently within the District.
If you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this position, contact the Human Resources Office at (530) 741-6979.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Categorically funded positions are contingent upon funding. In accordance to Board Policy, smoking is restricted in many areas of the Yuba Community College District. Yuba College is a tobacco free campus.
WORK DAY, WORK WEEK, and WORK YEAR: The District has the right to establish work day, work week, work year; hours of positions within the District may vary.
INTERVIEW: Candidates selected for an interview will be required to visit Yuba Community College District at his/her own expense upon a date selected by the District. Meeting minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview.
FOREIGN TRANSCRIPTS: Must include a U.S. evaluation and translation. Contact the Human Resources website for a list of agencies providing foreign transcript services.
*PRE-EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS: *Employment is dependent upon Department of Justice (DOJ) clearance; all fees are the responsibility of the selected candidates and serves the purpose of obtaining a criminal history as authorized by the California Education Code. All prospective employees shall be required to provide verification of TB test.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT: Yuba Community College District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and guarantees equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation and does not discriminate in its educational programs, in employment nor in any other of its activities.
As an equal opportunity employer with a diverse staff and student population, the Yuba Community College District is committed to creating an inclusive and effective learning and working environment for all.
Internal vs. ExternalExternal
Review Start Date07/09/2021
Open Until FilledNo
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please carefully read the application instructions for this position.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE & DEADLINE: A on-line Classified application and the Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (attach in Word document), 3 reference contacts are required. Each section of the on-line application must be completed. If sections are left out on the on-line application, your application will be automatically disqualified.