9700 Wade Blvd,, Frisco Campus
Frisco, Texas, 75035
We are searching for an experienced Secretary (Part Time).
Perform general secretarial duties for assigned area, including processing mail, scheduling appointments, answering phones and relaying messages and maintaining office equipment and supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform clerical duties including word processing, order receiving, inventory tracking of supplies and equipment, report/document preparation and data entry using software such as MS Word, Access, Excel and other designated systems/software. Provide accurate data for reporting purposes. Schedule meetings and secure meeting rooms as requested. Assist with event planning.
- Answer telephones, direct calls to the appropriate personnel or answer inquiries and transmit instructions. Greet campus visitors, students, faculty, staff and the general public in a friendly and professional manner. Determine situation and when necessary, direct person to appropriate staff member and follow up to ensure problem is resolved.
- Prepare outgoing mail; pick-up and distribute incoming mail to appropriate personnel.
- Receive orders/products shipped to department, check contents against packing slip and return verified packing slip to designated staff. Expedite materials or actions. Maintain appropriate levels of materials and supplies for department and order according to college purchasing procedures.
- Initiate and/or collect appropriate paperwork from or on behalf of students, faculty, staff and community and handle appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the development of various materials for the department. Use equipment such as copier and fax as requested by staff and faculty and ensure faxes are received. Contact vendor assistance when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
High School Diploma or equivalent certification and one (1) year of related experience.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution, preferred. At least two (2) years of related experience, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of FERPA laws
- Knowledge of proper telephone etiquette
- Knowledge of proper filing techniques
- Knowledge of College policies and procedures
- Computer and applicable software skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to stay current on changes in policies and procedures
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain appropriate levels of materials and supplies for department
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $14.68 - 14.69
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.