SUMMARY: The SeniorProgram Manager will be responsible for overseeing two key programmatic areas:21st Century Community Learning Centers as well as PowerPlay’s SuperSTARSLeadership Academy (SSLA) and RisingSTARS Leadership Academy (RSA). Theposition provides leadership in creating an inviting and safe environment forextra-curricular and academic opportunities for students. Responsible forassuring high-quality program services and support to enrolled students andtheir families over multiple sites. The position requires the ability to managemultiple projects, think creatively to access resources and evaluate existingprograms/relationships. Responsible for managing and training coaches, as wellas planning and executing programs. The Senior Program Manager will helppromote a positive image of PowerPlay’s core mission, values and purpose.
ABOUTPOWERPLAY: PowerPlayNYC is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to advance the lives of girlsthrough sports, helping them grow physically, emotionally, and academicallystronger. The nonprofit creates opportunities for girls aged 8-18 by partneringwith schools and community-based organizations to conduct after-school andsummer programs that emphasize physical fitness and education. Through sportsPowerPlay builds girls’ confidence and resiliency and creates safe spaces wheregirls learn from each other and from strong female role models. PowerPlayprogramming is offered in all five boroughs and is concentrated in low-income,underserved communities and in Title 1-funded public schools.
PowerPlayserves over 1,800 girls and young women per year through its core programs andcitywide events, and across 35 partner sites throughout NYC. Over 90% ofparticipants are girls of color (primarily Black and Latinx), and over 90%receive free school lunch. Participants benefit from a year-round continuum ofcohort-based services through three central programs: Sports Training and Rolemodels for Success (STARS) Series Program, RisingSTARS Leadership Academy(RSA), and SuperSTARS Leadership Academy (SSLA).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES
ProgramManagement: 21st Century Community Learning Center Program
Oversee programperformance standards including recruitment, enrollment and retention ofprogram participants in accordance with grant expectations and requirements.
Supervise allprogram coaches and facilitate performance discussions to ensure program goalsand objectives are met.
Ensure all staffand programmatic activities comply with the expectations of the 21st CenturyGrant.
Provide ongoingstaff development for program staff to increase their skills to achieve program outcomes.
Coordinatestaffing schedule, staff timesheets, and payroll with the Finance Director.
Build andmaintain a high level of communication and positive relationships with schoolpartners, staff, administration, parent relations and community partners.
Supervise/Manageprogram orientation, encourage involvement, and maintain monthly contact withfamilies and schools.
Create anddistributes enrollment forms, emergency contact sheets, and program guidelinesto partner site for distribution among families and school members.
Accountable forworking with NYE (Subcontractor) to ensure accurate tracking of enrollment,daily attendance and data entry into EZ Reports to meet 21st CCLC programrequirements.
Work withfinance team analyzing invoices and billing to ensure we are within grantguidelines.
Collaborate withNYSED management team and external evaluator to provide ongoing updates of our programmaticduties and receive technical assistance if needed.
Program Management:SuperSTARS and RisingSTARS Leadership Academies
Implement recruiting process to identify andsecure cohort participants.
Develop itinerary for SuperSTARS Leadership Academy(SSLA) & Rising STARS Academy (RSA) programming (including identification of keypartners/vendors, trips, workshops and speakers).
Identify, secure and assign all SSLA/RSAcoaching staff & administrative team.
Create and lead coach training and student orientations.
Serve as Site Supervisor for SSLA/RSA SummerProgram.
Serve as lead PowerPlayliaison with Corporate Mentors throughout academic year.
Work with Programs’ Team tocoordinate and lead Youth Leadership Council.
Manage and monitor PeerMentor Program in the winter & spring during the academic year.
Accountable for trackingattendance and working with Data Manager (or equivalent) to capture all
necessary pre and post summer programmingdata/surveys.
Atleast 5 years of experience in education and positive youth developmentproviding school based, after-school and summer related programming; At least 2years of supervising a team.
- Requiressafety and security clearances through the Department of Education.
- Expertunderstanding of NYC and NY State education requirements in an urban setting.
- Abilityto resolve conflicts and negotiate solutions.
- Exceptionalskills for analyzing data and attention to detail.
- Timemanagement and multitasking skills in order to handle tasks.
- Abilityto establish and maintain effective working relationships with schoolleadership and coaches.
- Excellentcommunication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with proven abilityto interact with a diverse range of individuals applying tact and discretion assituations demand.
- Responsibleand professional conduct serving as role model to staff and youth.
- Flexibleand adaptable - Ability to work with changing conditions and priorities,willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
- Proactive,“can-do” approach/attitude; demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness.
- Accountable– willing to accept responsibility for tasks, projects and outcomes.
- Bachelor’sdegree required with preference in Education, Psychology, or Social Work
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suiteof products
- Knowledgeof utilizing Google Drive to receive and share documents
- Experiencewith CitySpan/Youth Services/DYCD Connect platform a plus
The usual and customarymethods of performing this position’s functions require the following physicaldemands:
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling so has a moderate degree of physical stamina.
- Frequent and prolonged standing, walking, bending and occasional lifting up to 50lbs.
- Position will require consistent visits to the storage unit to secure, return, and distribute sporting equipment with coaching staff.