The Education Specialist is responsible for providing direct educational support services for students. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Facilitating small group discussions, lecturing, demonstrating, and using audiovisual aids and other materials to supplement presentations.
- Provide academic, social and recreational advisement to promote a more enriching academic experience.
- Prepares individual personal and academic objectives for assigned participants and outline for course of study following curriculum guidelines or requirements
- Develops curriculum and manages classroom activities
- Assists students with computer-assisted instructions
- Maintains attendance records
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Ed. Specialist I: BA minimum required education. Two or more years of related work experience is preferred.
Ed. Specialist II: MA minimum required education. Two or more years of related work experience is preferred.
Preferred Qualifications Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Salary $19.50 to $22.50
Position End Date (if temporary)
Posting Closing Date
Special Instructions to Applicants