At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Environmental Service Department at MSK is very important to patient care and the organization. We value the work completed by our Environmental Service Aides to provide a safe, clean, and well-organized environment for our patients, their family, visitors, and staff. We are excited to recruit Environmental Service Aides for our Main Campus location.
- Follow the Seven Step Cleaning guidelines outlined in the Environmental Services Aide (ESA) Manual
- Follow hospital procedures and safety guidelines as outlined in the (ESA) Manual including, but not limited to:
- Removal of general, infectious waste and soiled linen
- Completion of small moves
- Proper mixture, storage and use of chemicals
- Usage of cardboard bailer and trash compactor
- Attend department and hospital meetings as scheduled
- Complete additional projects or tasks as assigned by management
- Capable of delivering excellent customer service
- A good decision-maker, with proven success in making timely decisions
- Able to hold yourself and others accountable to accomplish goals and live up to commitments
- An effective communicator, able to identify how to reach different audiences and communicate based on that understanding
- Able to utilize a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insights into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Ability to use floor cleaning equipment, stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend and push items, can lift a minimum of 30 lbs
- Basic computer knowledge
- High School Diploma OR GED preferred
- Right motivations and eagerness to learn, track record of reliability, positive in your nature, and great teammate
Hours: Monday-Friday 3pm - 11pm. Rotating weekends.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.