We are looking for a House Supervisor for the Clinical Services Admininstration Department at St. Jude Medical Center.
Location Fullerton, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 12-hour, Nights
Represents St. Jude Medical Center and Administration to the employees, patients, physicians, visitors, and others as required. Empowered with the authority to direct the performance of all departments in the hospital providing direct or indirect patient care services. Ensures the continuing coordination of operations of all hospital departments being consistent with the medical center's values, goals and strategic plan. This position has the authority and responsibility to exercise "command decisions" in all emergency and safety-related situations.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall medical center operations, communicating significant issues with appropriate department manager, director, senior vice president clinical services/nurse executive and/or administrator on-call.
- Implements, interprets and assures compliance with administrative and nursing service standards of practice and policies and procedures. Works closely with unit managers and directors to ensure compliance with Title 22 and JCAHO, and serves as a staff resource.
- Seen as a resource person whose expertise is actively sought. Maintains open lines of communication to address concerns, problems or dissatisfaction of patient/family, physicians, staff, visitors or volunteers.
- Maintains awareness of events affecting patient care by maintaining communication with managers, including walking rounds. Prioritizes and coordinates patient care needs with nursing and ancillary departments, intervening appropriately as necessary.
- Responsible for working with the staffing coordinator to assure efficient, appropriate and equitable staffing for all patient care units based on patient acuity, availability of staff and guidelines.
- Supervises all code blue, code red, code yellow, code 100 (green), code gray and other hospital emergency situations. Acts as a coordinator in event of internal or external disasters.
- Identifies and resolves system/personnel problems that could negatively affect patient care. Follows through on problem resolution. Provides input on performances of staff and relays pertinent information to appropriate department manager.
- Demonstrates creativity, sensitivity and critical thinking ability in the coordination and provision of patient care, evaluation of care delivery and revision of organizational systems to improve patient outcomes. Participates in evaluation of the patient care to provide appropriate, timely and cost efficient resources for improved patient outcomes throughout the care continuum.
- Supports and fosters strong nursing morale. Maintains a positive professional image of nursing. Encourages and recognizes staff for their contributions.
- Facilitates patient placement to ensure appropriate level of care. This includes admission, discharge and transfer.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze situations, think critically, problem solve, give constructive feedback and build teamwork among different staff members.
- Computer - Word Processing skills.
- Hospital Policies and Procedures.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree Nursing.
- Coursework/Training Graduate of school of nursing.
Experience: 5 years recent experience in acute hospital setting.
- Current RN license.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: Master's Degree in Nursing or related field.
St. Jude Medical Center is a faith-based, non-profit, 384-bed, tertiary care facility, and is one of Southern California's most-respected and technologically-advanced hospitals. With nearly 700 of the area's finest physicians on staff, St. Jude offers nearly every medical specialty and sub-specialty. Whether for the birth of a baby, life-saving surgery or a routine mammogram, St. Jude continues to set the standard for medical care and offers the community the most comprehensive array of services and programs.
St. Jude Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Jude Medical Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as “on call/per diem” refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as “as needed basis” to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: St. Jude Medical Center
Category: Non- Clinical Lead/ Supervisor/ Manager
Req ID: R333490