Goodwill works to enhance the dignity and quality of life of individuals and families by strengthening communities, eliminating barriers to opportunity, and helping people in need reach their full potential through learning and the power of work. Goodwill meets the needs of all job seekers, including programs for youth, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities, criminal backgrounds and other specialized needs.
Beyond being part of an organization that offers free job training and education to the community, you will find working for us has its benefits for you too! We offer a comprehensive health plan (medical, dental and prescriptions), dental and life insurance, affordable supplemental life, accident, illness and disability coverage, direct deposit, 401k program, PTO, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Job Summary: Displays Goodwill's strong professional work behavior both internally and externally that aligns with "Together is Better" and our 3 core principles: Enthusiasm/Passion, Trust and Integrity. Unload donations from s and move goods to appropriate production areas.
- Remove salvage material and garbage from salable goods.
- Sort donations into appropriate bins for further processing.
- Provide a smooth flow of goods to the production floor. Use cardboard packers and identify problems.
- Maintain donor tallies. Maintain a clean work environment.
- Demonstrate safe work practices through awareness and observation in support of a safety culture; reports any potential hazards or accidents.
- Build and maintain internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- If applicable: Consistent and safe execution of duties associated with forklift operation when certified to Goodwill of Central NC, Inc. standards.
Must be able to work any day of the week, including weekends and early evenings. This position is a regular part-time position, which means the hours are up to 20 hours per week. The rate of pay is $9.00, once you successfully complete the 90 day observation period the pay increases to $9.25 per hour.