ChildNet Youth and Family Services, Inc. is currently recruiting for a Medication Support staff position within our Behavioral Health Services program located in Long Beach, CA.
Medication Support responsibilities include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Serve as liaison for the psychiatrists by interacting with clinicians, school districts, pharmacies, parents, social workers and ChildNet staff.
- Maintain schedu ling for psychiatric clients and clinician consultation, including Initial Psychiatric Evaluation requests.
- Complete and monitor doctors’ billing in the internal billing system.
- Enter psychotropic prescriptions into the ChildNet Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Fax and track special Treatment Authorization Requests to pharmacies to ensure approval of patient medication.
- Track Psychotropic Medication Authorizations to ensure completion before the expiration date. This also includes updating the Medication Support Psychotropic Authorization Log.
- Maintain efficient and timely flow of all paperwork.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
The Medication Support staff shall possess:
- Front office experience within a physician's office.
- Strong organization and interpersonal communication skills.
- Advanced working knowledge and experience utilizing Excel and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to maintain sensitive information with the strictest confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English and Spanish, both verbally and in writing.
- Two years of Department of Mental Health (DMH) billing experience is preferred.
All offers of employment with ChildNet Youth and Family Services, Inc. are contingent upon a post-offer, pre-hire medical clearance with an occupational physical, tuberculosis screening, and a negative drug test, including a screening for marijuana (note: while the use of marijuana is recreationally permitted in California, provisions of our contracts are bound by Title 21, US Code Section 812 under Federal law, which prohibits the use of marijuana). A background clearance which consists of fingerprinting through the Dept. of Justice/FBI/Child Abuse Index Search is required. Underwriting requirements of this agency include keeping a valid California driver’s license, valid auto liability insurance on file, and maintaining a good driving record while employed.
WHO WE ARE
ChildNet Youth & Family Services, a nonprofit corporation headquartered in Long Beach, CA. We provide Counseling, Education, Foster Care and Residential Services to at-risk children. ChildNet has been at the forefront of providing innovative and quality care to thousands of deserving children and their families for 50 years.
To provide safe homes, education and counseling to vulnerable children and families.
Are a diverse group of professionals who create a culture of caring with our clients and within the organization.
WHAT WE OFFER
Stability, Career Advancement, Tuition Reimbursement, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 403b with eligibility of a discretionary employer contribution after 2 years of service, along with generous sick, vacation and holiday time.
WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE! COME AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH US!