President and CEO
Saint Paul Festival and Heritage Foundation
President/CEO Position Description
Posted June 2021
St Paul Festival and Heritage Foundation
“To foster a sense of community pride, belonging and connectedness by celebrating Saint Paul’s unique history and emerging heritage through fun and educational experiences.”
The Saint Paul Festival and Heritage Foundation produces and promotes community education, programs and festivals for the enjoyment of the people of greater Saint Paul and its neighborhoods. The Saint Paul Festival and Heritage Foundation is the proud producer of the Saint Paul Winter Carnival and the Cinco de Mayo Saint Paul festival.
The President/CEO is responsible for the general management of the Saint Paul Festival and Heritage Foundation (Foundation). The President/CEO is the face of the organization and leads the development implementation and fulfillment of its mission, the achievement of its goals and objectives, the development, dispersal and maintenance of credibility within the community and with stakeholders, assures the organization’s cultural competency, enhances fund development and the development and maintenance of the Foundations financial well-being.
The President/CEO of the Saint Paul Festival and Heritage Foundation is accountable and reports directly to the Board of Directors, and communicates regularly with the board chair, treasurer, gambling manager, festival chair, and other members of the Foundation's executive committee.
- Responsible to the Foundation's Board of Directors for development of the annual budget and accountable for all expenditures and reporting functions, ensuring compliance with all regulatory and governmental requirements for a 501(c) 3 organizations and the Foundation's charitable gambling operation.
- Responsible for creating new and retaining existing fund development. Provide strategic and tactical sponsorship growth and support through development of the ongoing strengthening of relationships, grant writing, operational funding for festival programming through coordination of merchandise, buttons, sponsorships, and continuing endowment fund.
- Generate ideas and execute year-round fundraising and sponsorship opportunity initiatives that support the mission and overall financial health of the organization.
- Create and execute strategic plans to implement revenue generating projects or prudent expense controls to ensure financial stability of the Foundation with input from the Board of Directors.
- Assist the Board with the Foundation's mission definition, engagement and other ongoing strategic direction and goals .
- Manage and promote an inclusive, equitable, culturally competent and supportive environment where our management, board of directors, legend characters, staff and volunteers model behavior that enriches our Foundation and fulfills our mission
- Establish and work collaboratively with Board committees including but not limited to Finance, Membership, Nominating, Protocol and Exchange and Long Term Planning.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with civic and community organizations and actively participate in these organizations.
- Maintain and build on an active Membership recruitment and benefit program.
- Act as primary Foundation spokesperson to the media/public in day-to-day operations as well as crisis management. Develop and implement appropriate communications and marketing plans for the Foundation to both internal and external stakeholders. Manage social media presence and emerging outreach strategies. Position and assure the credibility of the Foundation and its core products, The Saint Paul Winter Carnival and Cinco de Mayo – West Side.
- Manage and supervise Foundation staff in an efficient, productive manner to: ensure effective representation in pursuing objectives; ensure work tasks are performed diligently, efficiently and cost effectively; encourage and facilitate professional development; articulate and provide regular performance reviews; ensure knowledge of an compliance with ethical guidelines, and provide other relevant training.
- Manage the Foundation’s charitable gambling operation to ensure the integrity and proper governance of the operation.
- Provide leadership, guidance and supervision for Foundation's volunteer structure and alumni groups.
- Assure the Foundation's cultural competency through internal assessment and education, foster and expand community outreach and program development. Assure the Foundation's pursuit of ethical, non-discriminatory behavior and affirmative action.
Successful Candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a field related to non-profit or business administration or related professional experience. Five or more years of executive level experience operating a similar organization will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Managerial or higher level experience with primary responsibility for fund development including grantwriting networking, business development, customer relationship management, long range planning (five years) and marketing.
- Demonstrated skill in effectively managing marketing programs including social media sites, email and mobile marketing, search engine technology and traditional advertising.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of working with a board of directors, team building, fiscal management, negotiating, program redesign and implementation.
- Previous experience and demonstrated success in festival or major event management and fundraising.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to write and make effective presentations to internal and external audiences. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher and Internet Explorer or comparable programs; proficiency in web design software preferred.
- A broad knowledge of the local business community, minority business issues, politics and local, state and federal regulations.
- Ability to engage direct reports and volunteers who may or may not report directly to the position.
- Ability to regularly attend meetings and events in the evenings and on weekends as necessary.
- Ability to work long hours during festival time in extreme weather conditions.
- Financial Management, Resource Development Experience, Marketing Skills
- People and Relationship Management and Development
- Customer Focus
- Carry Out Vision and Purpose
- Major Event Planning
- Decision Making
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary range shall be between $80,000.00 to $100,00.00 (starting salary commensurate upon related experience).
- Benefits are not provided, the salary range reflects an amount that acknowledges the need to secure this on your own.
- Generous paid time off.
- Parking and event attendance stipend provided.
- Work schedule can be hybrid with some remote as well as the requirement to attend in-person meetings, events and other functions.
St Paul Festival and Heritage Foundation offices are located at 75 W. 5th Street, Landmark Center, Suite 429, in downtown Saint Paul.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
First round interviews are expected to take place June, 2021.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Leadership Experience: 1 year (Preferred)