Mohawk Valley Community College provides accessible, high-quality educational opportunities to meet the diverse needs of our students. We are the community’s college, committed to student success through partnerships, transfer and career pathways, and personal enrichment. This full-time, academic dean position provides leadership for the School of Public and Human Services.
Major responsibilities include the following:
- Promote an environment supportive of the College mission and vision and participates in the development and implementation of College policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Ensure academic and pedagogical quality of the School’s programs.
- Collaborate in the design of recruitment activities to attract qualified full-time and part-time staff.
- Oversee and performs full and part-time faculty evaluations.
- Promote excellence in faculty and staff teaching, service, professional growth and development.
- Oversee the mediation process for faculty and student issues, grievances, and appeals where necessary.
- Oversight for School’s budget and maintains fiscal accountability.
- Work with others to facilitate partnerships with the community and represents the College to outside entities.
- Direct the process of credit evaluation, certification for graduation, admission of programs, and academic standards for continuation in program or college.
- Advise on the schedule of School classes based upon student needs.
- Assist with college-wide events such as, but not limited to, commencement ceremonies, open houses, and orientations.
We are looking for exceptional colleagues with an understanding of the mission of a community college and an ability to promote student success and institutional impact.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited higher education institution
- Three years of progressive, administrative experience
- Doctoral Degree
- Demonstrated effective management and leadership through change with proven empowerment and engagement of faculty and staff
- Experience working with and supporting a diverse student and faculty/staff population
Special Instructions to Applicants: Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 7/1/2021
Mohawk Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, and diversity. MVCC maintains an inclusive learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and global worldview. We value the many similarities and differences among individuals and groups. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in a world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, military backgrounds, religious beliefs, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, different abilities, sexual orientations and gender identities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.