Job Title: CEO
Job Classification: Full time, Salaried, Exempt
Job Relationships: Reports to the Board of Directors
Directly Supervises: Animal Control Supervisor, Director of Development, Director of Finance, Director of Human Resources, Director of Operations, Administrative Assistant.
Welcome to Wyoming!
Cheyenne, the capital city of Wyoming, is located in southeastern Wyoming at just over 6,000 feet above sea level. Cheyenne has a population of about 60,000 and annually hosts Cheyenne Frontier Days, the world’s largest outdoor rodeo and Western celebration every July.
Intersected by I-25 and I-80, Cheyenne is a major crossroads for the Rocky Mountain region and the western United States. If you prefer an outdoor lifestyle, Cheyenne is approximately 30 minutes from the Medicine Bow National Forest. Low sales tax and no state income tax make Wyoming a desirable state to call home.
Position Summary: We seek a dynamic individual with compassion for the safe and humane treatment of animals as well as demonstrated success in relationship building, fiscal management, and the creation of community partnerships. The Executive Director will provide the leadership and direction needed to fulfill our mission statement while ensuring the ongoing financial sustainability of the Cheyenne Animal Shelter.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
· Oversee the quality of programs and services to ensure they are carried out in accordance with standards and guidelines set by relevant industry agencies.
· Work effectively and form collaborative relationships as appropriate with employees, donors, directors, government officials, community leaders, and other stakeholders to accomplish mission critical and strategic plan initiatives.
· Develop a fiscally responsible and sustainable budget and operate within that budget through efficient resource management relative to staffing operations, programs and services, and capital expenditures for necessary building and grounds maintenance and improvements.
· Proactively negotiate, monitor, and manage all operational and government contracts.
· Clearly communicate the vision, mission, programs and services of the Cheyenne Animal Shelter and professionally represent the Cheyenne Animal Shelter at all times.
· Manage and motivate all staff to maximize their effectiveness and productivity and ensure that all staff through the Director of Operations are well trained.
· Responsible for hiring, disciplinary actions, performance appraisals, and termination of direct reports.
· Continual observance of the state of affairs within the organization and when necessary, implement changes to ensure the efficient use of resources and sustainability of operations.
· Form collaborative relationships with direct reports and oversee their efforts to provide top quality work product.
· Think outside the box and propose new ideas to allow the Shelter to thrive.
Requirements & Qualifications:
Education: BS Degree in related field or completion of sufficient coursework or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
· A minimum of four years recent leadership experience managing an organization and staff in the charitable or not-for-profit sector required with experience in the animal welfare industry
· Demonstrated accomplishments in fundraising, including developing new relationships, successful cultivation, solicitation and acquisition of donations
· Nonprofit governance, budgeting and human resources
· Experience working with government officials, preferably at the municipal level
· Overseeing large scale events
· Excellent written, verbal and overall communication skills
· Fundamental working knowledge of MS Office and social media platforms
· Valid Wyoming Driver’s License and good driving record required
Character & Abilities:
· Strong communicator, self-starting, compassionate and ethical leader with excellent interpersonal, public relations/speaking and fundraising skills, especially in the areas of foundation and major donor cultivation
· Creative problem solver; proactive and innovative
· Guided by the highest level of integrity and honesty
· Ability to motivate and inspire others
· Ability to deal with high-stress situations calmly and professionally
Although every effort is made to adopt out the animals that the Shelter cares for, it is necessary at times to humanely euthanize for terminal disease, quality of life, or behavior that is unsuitable and dangerous for adoption into the community.
· Blue Cross/Blue Shield
· Delta Dental
· Paid Vacation
Compensation: The salary range is $78,000 to $90,000.00. The level of salary depends upon experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $78,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Leadership: 4 years (Required)