The Enrollment Specialist reports directly to the Director of Recruitment and Admissions and will contribute to Year Up’s efforts to build & admit a robust, well-qualified, and diverse pipeline of applicants. The Enrollment Specialist will develop relationships and correspond with prospective students, coordinate advertising and social media campaigns, lead information-session presentations and assist in managing relationships with local schools and community-based organizations across the area. They will support in managing an admissions pipeline, conducting individual and group interviews of prospective students, and selecting students for our program.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, skilled at relationship building, and enthusiastic about Year Up’s mission. To be successful in this role, you will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic organization where you can leverage your relationship building and public-speaking skills to draw highly qualified prospective students to the Year Up program. You are able to think creatively about how to ensure that Year Up’s reputation and value proposition are known deeply within our community and partners. You will demonstrate a persuasive and confident communication style that will enable you to develop and maintain promising relationships in the local community to attract the best possible Year Up candidates.
In keeping with Year Up’s values, the Enrollment Specialist will also have the opportunity to interact with students as coach, group facilitator, and advocate, participating in creating and sustaining a positive educational environment, with trust among students, faculty, and site leaders.
- In partnership with the Recruitment team, develop, and implement a recruitment plan to effectively build a strong pipeline of prospective students for each class
- Build and maintain relationships with local high schools, community-based organizations, and other groups that work with young adults from a full range of local communities to increase the pipeline of interested qualified candidates
- Schedule and host information sessions for interested candidates and present compelling information about Year Up’s program offerings
- Support the development and distribution of Year Up program collateral to local organizations and high schools
- Organize and participate in recruitment events
- Oversee the implementation and monitor the success of the student ambassador program
- Develop partnerships with community-based organizations and other partners that provide social services and student resources
- Manage online and print ad placement for recruitment purposes
- Engage with prospective students through email, phone, text message, and in-person
- Support across the enrollment continuum including interviewing, prospect communications, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Be the first line of contact for prospective students, by responding to phone calls and web-based interest forms
- Engage students at every stage of the admissions pipeline, with the goal of transforming prospective students into applicants, and applicants into enrolled students
- Facilitate collaboration with the Admissions team to provide initial screen of applicants and to ensure their smooth transition into the admissions process
- Participate in decision forums
- Manage welcome receptions and acceptance meetings for students at the end of every admissions cycle
- Provide excellent customer service to every prospective student via phone, email, and in person
- Support students with all aspects of the college enrollment process by providing hands-on student support, and interfacing with key stakeholders in each department, including assessments, financial aid, registrar, and bursar
College/Employer Enrollment (as applicable – will depend on individual site)
- Partner with the staff at our college/employer partner to ensure that all students admitted to Year Up are properly enrolled in the college partner/employer
- Lead the support of applicants with navigating the various systems (financial aid, registration, operations, human resources, etc.) of our college/employer partner
- Liaise with key college/employer partner departments to ensure all applicants have appropriate documents and meet all required deadlines for admissions
Database & Document Management
- Track the weekly progress towards admissions & recruitment-related goals
- Oversee all data entry (prospective interest forms, interview notes, all admissions related documents, completed applications, enrollment support and follow up documents) into Year Up’s national database (Salesforce.com)
- Develop proficiency in Salesforce.com report generation and usage to track recruitment and admissions statistics and inform improvements to the recruitment and admissions processes
- Receive, organize, and maintain student applications and related admissions documents
- Ensure data integrity for all Recruitment & Admissions related contacts and accounts
- Conduct transcript reviews in order to assess academic readiness
- Manage the design and production of regular reports to track, document, and measure admissions & recruitment progress
Site Team/Learning Community Member
- Serve as a coach/mentor for a small number of current students
- Join and sometimes facilitate weekly group sessions with students
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings
- This position may require occasional attendance at weekend or evening events
- 2-3 years of experience preferably in admissions, recruitment, enrollment and/or partnership development
- Experience with social media campaigns to drive results
- Pipeline management experience preferred (ability to convert prospective student to lead to information session attendee to interview scheduled to application completed to interview completed)
- Previous customer service experience (cold calling experience a plus)
- Community outreach and public speaking experience
- Proven project management skills
- Passion for and ability to use data to drive learning and improvement
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to connect quickly and authentically with people
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude, with a willingness to be flexible
- Professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience working with external stakeholders; experience with admissions a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com preferred
- Available for occasional weekend or evening events
- A passion for working with young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential and a strong commitment to the mission of Year Up
- Understanding of the Opportunity Divide and its drivers
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary: Competitive and commensurate with relevant experience and skills.
- Benefits: Comprehensive healthcare options and dental coverage; 401(k) match for eligible participants.
- Vacation: Earn three weeks paid vacation in first year of employment; four weeks after initial year.
- Professional Development: Funds available to support staff in achieving career objectives ($2,500 per year)
Year Up is a national 501(c)3 wo rkforce development organization committed to ensuring equitable access to economic opportunity, education, and justice for all young adults—no matter their background, income, or zip code. Employers face a growing need for talent while millions of talented young adults lack access to meaningful careers. These inequities only further perpetuate the opportunity gap that exists in our country—a gap that Year Up is determined and positioned to close through three interconnected strategies: providing targeted skills training and connections to livable-wage employment for students and alumni; empowering others to serve and support young adults; and changing systems that perpetuate the opportunity gap. Year Up’s intensive training program utilizes a high expectations, high support model where students learn in-demand technical and professional skills and apply them during a corporate internship. Year Up has served more than 30,000 young adults since its founding in 2000. Year Up has a presence in 27 U.S. cities, including Arizona, Baltimore, Bay Area, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Greater Atlanta, Greater Boston, Greater Philadelphia, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, the National Capital Region, New York City/Jersey City, Pittsburgh, Puget Sound, Rhode Island, South Florida, Tampa Bay, and Wilmington.
Voted one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For in the country by The NonProfit Times, Year Up is a rewarding place to work. Our staff is passionate, supportive, mission-driven, and committed to positive change and continuous learning. We set high standards for both ourselves and our students, and live by a set of core values that reflect an unshakable belief in the talent and full potential of our young people. The work we do is life-changing, and we know that our team is the greatest asset in achieving our mission.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Year Up actively engages individuals from all backgrounds. We are committed to embracing diversity within our organization because we firmly believe that diverse employee teams help us to achieve our best organizational outcomes and provide the most effective support to our young adults as we work to close the Opportunity Divide. We are deeply dedicated to creating and maintaining an inclusive and supportive work environment. Learn more about our commitment to diversity: http://www.yearup.org/about-us/careers/commitment-to-diversity/
As an equal opportunity employer, Year Up is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume through our website.
Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We respectfully request no phone calls.