New Jersey’s academic health center, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) takes an integrated approach to educating students, providing clinical care, and conducting research, all with the goal of improving human health. Aligned with Rutgers University–New Brunswick and collaborating university wide, RBHS includes eight schools, a behavioral health network, and six centers and institutes that focus on cancer treatment and research, neuroscience, clinical and translational research, advanced biotechnology and medicine, environmental and occupational health, and health care policy and aging research.
Our faculty are teachers, clinicians, and scientists with unparalleled experience who advance medical innovation and provide patient care informed by the latest research findings. We offer an outstanding education in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, public health, nursing, biomedical research, and the full spectrum of allied health careers.
Our clinical and academic facilities are located throughout the state including New Brunswick, Piscataway, Newark, Scotch Plains, Somerset, Blackwood, and other locations. Clinical partners include Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, University Hospital in Newark, and other affiliates.
Through this community of healers, scientists, and scholars, Rutgers is equipped as never before to transform lives.
Rutgers RBHS is an anchor institution that boasts locations in Newark, New Jersey, a city of promise.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow for the Office of Special Programs, within the New Jersey Medical School. Under the direction of the Vice Dean, the Postdoctoral Fellow will educate and teach medical students pedagogical strategy for the anatomical sciences and virtual microcopy of histologic images and cadaver dissections.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Employs the team-based learning (TBL) pedagogical strategy for the anatomical sciences in a system based medical curriculum.
- Activities include small group discussions of defined learning topics that focus on clinically oriented anatomical concepts with selective embryological correlations.
- Virtual microcopy of histologic images and cadaver dissections supplement and enhance the active learning strategy.
- Collaborate with students in the development, implementation, and evaluation of community engaged
- Participates in the submission of educational modules to the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) MedEdPORTAL serving as the primary author on one module.
- Collaborates with other postdocs, residents, and faculty.