Location indicated in Job Description
Groundskeeper is responsible for the care, maintenance, and repair of the college grounds and landscaping. Located on the Catonsville and Essex Campuses.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in institutional or commercial grounds keeping.
- Flexibility and ability to change shift when requested.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record of less than five (5) points on driving record.
- Ability to participate in bloodborne pathogens training within six (6) months of employment.
- Hepatitis B vaccination or a signed waiver.
- Candidates may be required to successfully pass a background investigation, to include driving, fingerprint and criminal history evaluation.
- Candidates may be required to successfully complete a pre-hire, post-offer physical examination, including drug screening.
This is an Essential Position and the employee must be available for campus emergencies, and to perform regular duties or other assigned duties at times when the campus is closed to students and non-essential staff. Subject to 24-hours standby or call-in for campus emergencies. May be required to work overtime or special hours as needed or required.
Position Specific Essential Duties
1. Mows, trims, edges grass areas. Weeds, cultivates and mulches flower and shrubbery beds. Plants, transplants and prunes trees, shrubs, and flowers. Grades, fertilizes, limes, and aerates sods, seeds, and waters. Clears wooded areas, prunes trees, and shrubs, remove fallen trees, branches, weeds and rubbish.
2. Performs work associated with maintenance and repairs to campus landscaping and gardens.
3. Participates in landscaping project work.
4. Patches asphalt or concrete areas. Performs traffic control painting and sign maintenance/ installation; as well as, grounds related painting.
5. Sets up and operates trucks, tractors, mowers, excavators, and other grounds related equipment. Cleans and performs minor preventative maintenance on grounds keeping equipment.
6. Participates in campus exterior trash/recycling collection.
7. Participates in snow removal or duties assigned in response to college emergencies, as necessary and/or directed.
8. Assists in the implementation of college and non-college events/activities.
9. Effectively performs in a service environment and follows all county, state, college, and departmental policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned.