This position will be responsible for the development and support of the recruitment function in specific geographical areas for the Foundation. The Recruiting Specialist will play a critical role by deploying a variety of cost effective and creative sourcing strategies to further support the recruitment process and ensure the Foundation is hiring the most qualified talent. This position is based in White Plains, New York. Position Responsibilities • Provide full cycle recruitment services. In partnership with regional management, create hiring and recruitment plans. Update, revise or create job descriptions for positions. Develop appropriate and diverse sourcing methods to attract a broad candidate base, utilizing cost effective, industry appropriate and diverse job boards, social networking sites, local associations and other sources as necessary.
- Utilize applicant tracking system to identify candidates for interview; telephone screen, refer qualified applicants and facilitate in-house interviews. Effectively move candidates through the internal system for hiring manager review and to appropriately monitor and track progress. Ensure compliance with internal procedures regarding reference and background checks and generate offers, close out requisitions and ensure proper record keeping.
- Ensure onboarding requirements are met; ensure hiring managers use system appropriately; provide technical assistance as need to ensure all requirements are met in a timely, professional and effective manner for each new hire.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation. Communicate regularly throughout the recruiting cycle to update hiring managers of progress of open positions/requisitions. Keep manager updated on progress, provide bi-weekly metrics and reporting.
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need. Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting. Provide interview and recruitment training to hiring managers as needed and as circumstances permit. Other HR duties as assigned/ required.
- Utilizing available data and metrics identify and analyze recruiting trends to maximize the effectiveness of the Foundations hiring strategy.
Position Qualifications •3 – 5 years of experience
- Four year college degree or equivalent experience
- Prior full cycle recruitment experience
- Project management experience; Proficient MS Office experience; Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Prior, hands on, experience with applicant tracking systems, HRIS, and Microsoft office applications. Knowledge of HR Law as it pertains to interviewing, recruitment and selection practices, background checks and EEO laws.
Ability to handle a heavy volume of recruitment in a timely and effective manner, excellent and professional communication and interpersonal skills, able to work with confidential and sensitive information. Strong technical and MS computer skills required, good writing skills. Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently and with utmost discretion.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided here.