Job Posting TitleSpecial Projects - Education Coach II (Temporary)
LocationLos Rios Community College District (Sacramento City College)
Department LocationCollege To Career Department
Founded in 1916, Sacramento City College (SCC) is a multi-campus, urban college that consists of a 70-acre main campus across from William Land Park. The College has two educational centers, one in Davis on the campus of the University of California, Davis, and one in West Sacramento located adjacent to the public library, community center, and civic center. SCC is a vibrant teaching and learning institution with approximately 20,000 day and evening students and is recognized as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI).
SCC has a rich history in the community and has expanded educational opportunities to students across the region. SCC awards Associate in Arts or Science degrees as well as Associate Degrees for Transfer, which guarantee transfer into the California State University system. The College offers Career Education certificates and degrees, transfer credit for students who desire to continue their education at a four-year college or university, and instruction in basic skills such as English, English as a second language, and mathematics.
Faculty and staff at SCC value a collaborative and diverse campus community. As one of four colleges within the Los Rios Community College District, Sacramento City College embraces change, values excellence in academic achievement, and supports the success of students as they pursue their dreams.
This position is located at Sacramento City College in the College To Career department. The campus is currently hiring temporary employees to fill this position.
For additional information, please call Tasneem Sah, 916-558-2107, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Education Coach II works in cooperation with the C2C Coordinator to develop internship and job placement opportunities with both public and private sector employers.
● Meets with employers to learn requirements of various occupation and staffing needs of employers.
● In addition, assists students with disabilities participating in the College to Career (C2C) Program, either in the classroom or in employment settings, to meet educational and/or employment requirements.
● Develops and employs individualized tutoring strategies assist students in completing educational tasks related to their vocational goals.
● Assists students with computer usage and assistive technology used for accessing student information, curriculum, and completing coursework.
● Consults with C2C Program staff, college faculty and staff, and employers regarding students’ educational/vocational progress, as necessary.
● Provides performance feedback to students in both classroom and on the job settings.
● May assist employers to identify and implement workplace accommodations.
● Writes reports on students’ progress.
● Attends staff meetings and trainings to maintain current knowledge in the field of disability education and employment.
● Maintains student records and any necessary documents in accurate filing system.
Variable hours and days, Monday through Friday.
NOTE: Short-term temporary employees shall not be employed for more than 135 days, or 960 hours, whichever is reached first, in any fiscal year. (P6123- 3.2 & 3.3).
Total Hrs per Week/DayTo be determined.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of experience in job placement, career planning or student personnel services, preferably in an educational or community college setting, OR two years of experience in employment development at a community-based organization.
EDUCATION: Completion of an Associates Degree or 60 semester units (90 quarter units).
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
Education must be from an accredited institution.
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. Resume (required)
3. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required if using education to meet the Minimum Qualifications of this position).
4. Letter of Interest (required)
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified.
● Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
● It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to also provide unofficial transcripts if required in the minimum qualifications for the position. (Within 60 days of the time of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualifications for the position).
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees, and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here.
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
SalaryFrom $20.00 to $28.00 per hour
Additional Salary InformationNo additional salary information to note
Beginning and/or Ending Dates
To be determined.
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during our business hours.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to HR@losrios.edu. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.