Job Classification: Continuing Faculty Status (CFS) - Professorial
Posting close date: 09/15/2021
Start date of this position:
PhD, successful candidates will have earned a doctorate in a discipline relevant to edcuational leadership by August, 2022.
The Department of Educational Leadership & Foundations is seeking to fill two positions with candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Expertise in an education-related field of study (e.g. leadership, foundations, policy, research methods, etc.);
- Capacity to teach courses to doctoral and master's students (see our course offerings);
- Willingness to supervise doctoral dissertations and master's theses;
- Ability to publish in high-quality research journals;
- Engagement in a focused scholarship research agenda;
- Disposition to collaborate with department and university colleagues and with educational leaders and organizations outside the university;
- Desire to contribute to department, school, and university programs though appropriate service activities and assignments.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience as a P-12 educational leader;
- Experience in educational policy;
- Experience in higher education;
- Experience teaching qualitative methodology and methods; and
- Experience in synchronous online/distance teaching and learning.
Our mission as the Department of Educational Leadership & Foundations (EDLF) in the David O. McKay School of Education (MSE) is to improve temporal and spiritual well-being through education and educational leadership. We expand education vision and empower educational leaders to improve practices, policies, and systems that create high-quality and equitable learning environments, by:
- Developing students' knowledge, skills, and dispositions in a faith-based, intellectually rigorous, and inspiring learning environment;
- Collaborating with and supporting current educational leaders; and
- Producing high-quality scholarship by study and by faith.
The EDLF Department offers the following degree programs:
- EdD in Educational Leadership
- MEd in Educational Leadership - with two specializations: School Leadership and Education Policy Studies
Information required at the time of application – Please list the individual contact information for each of your three recommenders on the faculty application. At some point during the selection process they may be contacted to submit their letters of reference electronically.
Documents required at the time of application:
- Current curriculum vitae
- Cover letter describing qualifications for the position
- Two examples of scholarly work
Review of applications will commence by May 15, 2021, and will close by September 15, 2021.
You are encouraged and welcome to direct any inquiries about the position to:
Dr. Michael A. Owens, 306H MCKB, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT 84602, 801-422-0955 (office), 313-377-3255 (cell), email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: m/f/Vets/Disability
BYU, an equal opportunity employer, requires all faculty to observe the university’s Honor Code and Dress & Grooming Standards. Preference is given to qualified candidates who are members in good standing of the affiliated church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.