Rasmussen University is growing! We are seeking an Academic Dean to promote and support the vision and mission of Rasmussen University by providing strategic vision and Academic leadership to all aspects of the campus academic programs.
The Academic Dean is responsible for the recruitment and development of a diverse faculty, staff, and student body. The Academic Dean organizes, supervises and directs a professional staff, including full-time faculty and program coordinators, to ensure curricula are current and consistently delivered in an environment and manner conducive to learning in accordance with University and various schools of program objectives. The Academic Dean is responsible for the overall operation of their respective units and as such, has the authority and responsibility for planning, scheduling, personnel matters, curriculum, instruction, development, student arbitration and other academic matters. The Academic Dean is a visible ambassador for the University, who actively promotes collaboration with an array of community partners. The Academic Dean will provide the leadership to assure that the University will serve its students with academic programs of the highest quality and effectiveness. Demonstrating a commitment to Rasmussen University’s mission, vision, and values in daily activities as well as supporting an environment of understanding, acceptance, and appreciation for diversity is the responsibility of each and every employee in our organization.
- Provide direction in planning and administration of the programs, including assessment, evaluation, development and revision of courses and overall curricula. Facilitate faculty participation in planning, implementing and evaluating the curricula
- Actively represents the University to students, professional organizations, partners, the healthcare community, and other relevant constituencies
- Demonstrate an interdisciplinary approach to management and teaching methodologies; works collaboratively with campus leaders to ensure successful implementation of the University mission
- Prepare reports, plans, and analyses to document and advance the activities and initiatives of the programs
- Participate in the recruitment, selection, on-boarding and continuous evaluation of faculty members and staff
- Assess faculty development needs and provides for education and training to meet those needs
- Identify growth potential of faculty and develops a succession plan for the organization
- Set and maintain high performance standards for self to achieve results that support the overall strategic plan and vision of the campus/region, and organization as a whole
- Recognize the need to develop personal, interpersonal, or managerial behavior
- Readily gets involved in activities that will challenge and stretch current skills and intellectual progress, participating in a variety of events and pursuits designed to build on strengths
- Participate in industry-focused professional development activities including webinars, seminars, student and campus-based activities, and conferences, as appropriate
- Actively contribute to the learning environment and collegial experience for students and employees
- Ensure course curricula with input into competency review, and curriculum revision
- Comply with all University policies and procedures
- Comply with Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) regulations
- Demonstrate strict adherence to all institutional, governmental, and accreditation policies, regulations, and codes of conduct at all times
The Academic Dean reports to a Regional Dean. This role organizes, supervises and directs a professional staff, including full-time faculty, part-time faculty, program directors, and program coordinators.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is required
- At least 5 years of management experience with a track record of successful leadership
- At least 3 years of experience teaching at the University level
- Familiarity with programmatic accreditation, regulatory and compliance bodies including Higher Learning Commission
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with students, leadership, and peers. Ability to work well with others in matrix organization
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational, planning, and coordination skills
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, patient, goal-oriented, and enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to set ones’ own priorities, work effectively under pressure, and meet frequently occurring deadlines with minimal supervision
- Possess a spirit of enthusiasm, energy, and multi-cultural awareness
- Must have strong command of the English language, in both oral and written form and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to inspire and motivate team
- Business acumen and an understanding of planning, budgets and operations
- Experience hiring, training, and developing staff
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Rasmussen University is a regionally accredited private university dedicated to changing lives and the communities it serves through high-demand and flexible educational programs. As a pioneer in career-focused education since 1900, the University is defining a new generation of higher education that focuses on competency-based education, technology and transferrable skills. Rasmussen offers undergraduate and graduate programs online and in person at 23 campuses around the country. The University is designed to lift and support its students every step of the way, from their first credential to their last. Rasmussen is dedicated to global enrichment, serving the underserved and meeting the evolving needs of diverse students, communities and economies. Rasmussen encourages its students, faculty and staff to strive for academic excellence, community enrichment and service to the public good. For more information about Rasmussen University, please visit www.rasmussen.edu.
At Rasmussen, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed supporting and encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome our employee’s differences regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
- Master's Degree or better