Reading Area Community College welcomes diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, class, gender, ability, sexual orientation, and belief system among others. As an institution, we value and respect diversity; therefore, it is important for students, faculty, staff, and administrators to understand differences, to interact effectively with others, and to prepare for the demands of a globalized world. As an open admission institution, RACC serves students of all levels of academic preparedness. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. RACC is an Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran.
Specific work hours to be agreed upon by the supervisor and employee prior to the onset of employment.
The Pearson Vue Administrator is the primary contact for the test takers and needs to maintain a pleasant environment for the candidates while complying with the rules and regulations from Pearson Vue. Also, the administrator is responsible for proctoring the candidates at all time while they are taking computer-based tests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide superior customer service in a comfortable friendly environment.
- Take and pass the Pearson Vue Administrator re-certification exam annually.
- Comply with all Pearson Vue testing procedures and strictly adhere to policies. Adhere to the Pearson Vue rules of Conduct and Certification Agreement.
- Stay up to date with Pearson Vue updates.
- Check in testing candidates, verify identification, and explain the exam process. Ensure that all candidates are admitted in accordance with secure check-in procedures.
- Maintain the confidentiality and security of the Pearson Vue testing system software applications, exams, and results.
- Keep candidate information confidential.
- Run Remote Maintenance Application (RMA) every day in the morning, before starting the admissions process, and at the end of the day. Follow the instructions in the Shutdown checklist at the end of each day.
- Provide each candidate with the required supplies for their exam.
- Collect and file the daily log sheets and candidate rules agreement.
- Proctor the candidates via the site camera which views twelve testing stations.
- Contact Pearson Vue for technical support, ID issues, test delivery issues, etc.
- Report incidents with the candidates or the testing center to Pearson Vue by creating a case. Complete and submit Incident Reports to Pearson Vue for all candidate issues including inappropriate behavior, problems with delivering exams and problems with testing stations.
- Sanitize the surface and equipment of each workstation after the end of every appointment as well as the administrator’s computer.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year of customer service experience
- Experience proctoring exams
- Bilingual: English / Spanish
Licenses and/or Certifications:
- Must pass the Pearson Vue Administrator certification exam and recertify annually.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate Microsoft Office skills, especially Word and Excel. Internet skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to sit for long periods of time and also escort candidates to and from testing room. Must be comfortable in a quiet testing environment, talk regularly as needed, hear soft voices and see details from a distance in observing test takers. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
Masks are required on campus. Social distancing is enforced throughout campus. Hand sanitizers were installed strategically throughout campus as well as other precautionary measures.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- intermediate level Microsoft Office and internet skills: 1 year (Required)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)