Under the direction of the Director of Enrollment Management, the Admissions Counselor will be responsible for providing admissions and transfer information to potential and continuing students. This position will drive and enhance campus efforts to identify and remove barriers to student retention and transfer, help develop and implement methods of evaluation for transfer and career opportunities, and coordinate events with colleges and partnered four-year institutions.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in related field of admissions, higher education, recruiting, program planning or communication preferred.
- Two years of experience in admissions, student activities, recruiting, program planning or communication preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in both group and individual situations required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations.
- Familiarity with four-year institutions, articulation agreements, educational partnerships and transfer processes preferred.
- Ability to accommodate some overnight travel for recruiting and College related professional development opportunities after normal business hours may be required.
- Must have a valid North Carolina driver’s license.
- Excellent computer skills including spreadsheets, word-processing, and windows-based applications preferred.
Salary: Hiring Range – Minimum to Midpoint ($3,009 – 3,761/monthly)
Application Procedure: Applications must be submitted online at https://wpcc.peopleadmin.com/.
Proposed Hire Date: June 01, 2021
For First Consideration, Applications Must Be Received By: May 26, 2021
For More Information Contact:
Ms. Anita Berry, Benefit/Recruitment Specialist
Western Piedmont Community College
1001 Burkemont Avenue, Morganton, NC 28655