Part-Time Temporary Tutor: Math Learning Center, Writing Center, Science, Spanish, Accounting, ENLACE, Upward Bound.
- Assess students' understanding and comprehension of concepts from their classes; work with student to establish tutoring session goals.
- Teach study skills according to students' abilities (time management, note-taking, etc) and provide students with a variety of appropriate methods of understanding concepts through the application of various tutoring techniques.
- Become familiar with the variety of texts, workbooks, and resources, and develop tutoring methods for working with a diverse group of learners. .
- Assist in student recruitment and retention (meet with faculty, give class presentations, hand out flyers for tutoring, etc), and promote additional services offered.
- Maintain and submit all tutoring forms including Session Observation Forms, timesheets, absence reports, cancellation slips, and no-show reports.
- Perform accurate record keeping and participate in program evaluations.
- Assist in the creation of supplemental tools and resources for tutors and students.
- Work with educational staff to ensure consistent curriculum between the classroom and the tutoring program. Maintain student confidentiality.
- Maintain professional tutoring environment conducive to learning for all students.
- Attend mandatory tutor in-service trainings and staff meetings. Begin and end tutoring sessions as scheduled.
- Functions vary to some degree dependent upon the tutoring program.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Perform additional duties as assigned.
High school diploma required. Associate's or bachelor's degree a plus. Tutor must have expertise in subject matter. Tutor will also be patient, friendly, caring, and demonstrate an appreciation of diverse cultural groups and must be able to relate to them effectively. Experience in teaching/tutoring from varied backgrounds and educational training highly desirable. Qualifications vary slightly between tutoring programs.
Requires frequent sitting and moving about, continuous use of fine motor skills, and pushing and pulling of up to 10 lbs.
Tutoring Center hours are Monday - Thursday 10am to 6pm, & Fridays 10am to 2pm during the regular semester. These hours vary during the interim period between semesters. Some flexibility in the work schedule is expected.
$10 - $15 Hourly depending on degree held
Number of Vacancies
Desired Start Date
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
Required Documents Required Documents
- Transcripts (Unofficial Accepted)