The Southern Regional Education Board works with states to improve education at every level, from early childhood through doctoral education. A nonprofit, nonpartisan organization based in Atlanta, SREB was created in 1948 by Southern governors and legislatures to advance education and improve the social and economic life of the region. We partner with policymakers such as state legislators and education agency officials as they implement policies to help students achieve more, prepare students for college and careers, and boost college completion. We are an organization of committed professionals with proven track records of helping students achieve academic success.
We seek talented professionals passionate about education improvement whose experience and skills match our needs.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a School Improvement Instructional Coach to provide professional development and coaching to teachers, school leadership and district leadership.
What does an Instructional Coach do?
- Designs, plans, facilitates, and evaluates professional development with teachers, students and administrators.
- Coaches school and district leaders for continuous school improvement.
- Plans and designs new models for state-level CTE education to ensure students are college and career ready upon graduation.
- Prepares and presents professional development material to principals, teachers, and other school staff.
- Analyzes district and site teacher’s effectiveness data to determine strategic recommendations and/or district professional development
- Observes and provides teacher feedback on classroom instruction; communicates with school and district leaders regarding teacher progress towards instructional shifts.
What does it take to be an Instructional Coach?
- Master’s degree in Education, Instructional Leadership or related field, AND
- Two (2) years of classroom experience, OR
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Required Knowledge of:
- Current trends in education and instructional design.
- Principles and practices of instruction, effective lesson planning and lesson design.
- Principles and practices of project management.
- Principles, practices, materials and techniques of public information and education.
- Computer applications/software related to the work.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Principles and techniques of making effective oral presentations.
For this opportunity, we seek candidates who:
- Managing multiple projects and priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Managing teachers and leaders in the execution of a school improvement process.
- Using computer-aided desktop publishing hardware and software.
- Maintaining accurate records of work performed.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Analyzing multiple sources of data to make decisions on improving instruction.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and certificates being maintained in active status, unless indicated otherwise, and without suspension or revocation.
- Must have or previously had a teaching certificate.
- Driver’s License.
- Ability to travel overnight (work is subject to extended travel 80-85%)
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time and carry up to 20 pounds
- Candidates located near a major airport preferred
Our commitment to our team members:
Successful completion of a background investigation and drug test is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our goal is a diverse workforce representative of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where employment opportunities are equally available based on merit without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, age, or other protected characteristics. We seek a rich, diverse candidate pool and invite all qualified individuals to apply