Generous Benefits includes:
- Health/Vision, Dental, Life/ADD & Long-term Disability Insurance: Generous Employer contribution toward the cost of this benefit
- Vacation Leave: Earn up to 15 days per year
- Sick Leave: Earn up to 12 days per year
- Holiday Leave: 12 per year
- Retirement: Participates in MT Teacher's Retirement System; AND Employer match up to 7% for 403(b)
- Tuition Waiver: Employee plus up to two legal dependents
Open until filled
The Nursing Coordinator provides and coordinates distance delivery instruction and guidance to Practical Nurse (PN) and Registered Nurse (RN) students in the classroom, laboratory, and clinical environments, evaluates student progress, and prepares students for licensure exams.
- Effectively teaches nursing courses offered in the classroom, clinical, and laboratory setting. Serves as a professional role model to students.
- Plans, organizes, implements and evaluates instructional materials in assigned areas of didactics, nursing lab, and clinical teaching. Develops syllabus, including grading criteria according to Nursing Department standards, student assignments and learning activities.
- Leads recruitment efforts for the nursing program at LCC and coordinates enrollment in FVCC required courses. Serves as a leader on LCC campus to support the nursing program. Serves as a community resource and participates in community advisory committees for FVCC’s Nursing programs.
- Advises students and maintains office hours. Provides information regarding program requirements and assists with application process. Supports students having difficulties in achieving course objectives.
- Develops course materials uses advanced technological methods. Maintains and submits instructional records in accordance with requirements and participates in assessment activities.
- Coordinates the use of agencies for student clinical experiences and arranges for agency affiliate agreements and updates in coordination with staff.
- Works with the Nursing Program Director to maintain compliance with the Montana Board of Nursing Administrative Rules and abides by the standards of the governing body of FVCC, Nursing Program policies and procedures, general professional nursing standards and ethics, and the specific requirements of agencies used for student clinical experiences.
- Participates in the assessment, review and evaluation of nursing courses in the classroom, lab and/or clinical setting along with the evaluation of student performance consistent with the PN and RN Program outcomes of professional behavior, communication, assessment, planning, caring and management of care.
- Actively participates in curriculum development, course refinement and program evaluation consistent with objectives as set forth by FVCC, the Montana SBON and NAO standards; integrates subject area with other related curricula.
- Responsible for developing evaluation materials and keeping documentation records as required. Participates in evaluating the effectiveness of the professional nursing program, the quality of instruction and recommend and institute changes to improve the overall quality of nursing education at FVCC and clinical facilities. Participates in evaluation of peers, director, and administrators.
- Maintains current Montana Registered Nurse licensure and professional experience in teaching specialty and practice area.
- Participates in development of standards for admission, progression and graduation of student nurses for both PN and RN programs.
- Fosters positive student and community relations; participates in FVCC activities and committees that benefit the institution, the nursing program, the faculty and students. Develops and maintains professional networks and relationships with health providers, centers and hospitals.
- Remains current in practices, trends and research related to areas of assignment; participates in professional development for personal and professional growth.
- Engages in collaborative and respectful working relationships with students, campus and clinical staff, faculty colleagues on campus and in the clinical sites. Creates and maintains a collaborative and collegial environment with colleagues and Program Director. Meets regularly with designated individuals on FVCC and LCC campuses to facilitate open communication. Collaborates with nursing colleagues to support and implement the mission and philosophy, objectives and policies of the FVCC Nursing Program.
- Keeps the Program Director informed of issues, problems and changes, in courses as well as in clinical settings.
- Maintains professional ethics and confidentiality of students in accordance with applicable laws and policies.
- Participates actively and with initiative in continuous improvement efforts to provide efficient and quality services.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Reports to the Nursing Program Director.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from an accredited program and the commitment to complete a Master’s degree in five years OR a Master’s degree in Nursing from an accredited program; AND,
- A minimum of three years of experience in nursing in areas such as medical/surgical nursing, gerontology, maternal child nursing, psychiatric nursing, or community health nursing; AND,
- A minimum of one year of teaching experience in a nursing program or completed coursework in teaching methods, curriculum development, testing and evaluation; AND,
- Current unencumbered Registered Nurse licensure in the State of Montana; AND,
- Current Healthcare Provider Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification; AND,
- Ability to travel within Montana when necessary
- Master’s degree in Nursing from an accredited program
- Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) certification
- Two years or more teaching experience in a nursing program
- One year of experience working in a simulation/lab setting
- Basic Life Support Instructor, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification
- Experience working with instructional technology
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to maintain current Montana Registered Nurse licensure
- Ability to set up teaching materials for the multiple skill levels of the PN and RN lab experiences.
- Knowledge and computer/technology skills adequate for educational and administrative requirements.
- Knowledge of the safe use and disposal of hazardous equipment and chemicals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven dedication to student learning and academic support.
- Ability to effectively teach content material in using a variety of instructional methods to facilitate student learning
- Demonstrated skill in creating and managing a work climate of collaboration, collegiality and team work
- Ability and willingness to serve as a representative for the College by interacting appropriately with the community
- Ability to work within policies and procedures of FVCC
- Ability to maintain effective and positive professional relationships
- Ability to follow and issue instructions
- Demonstrated communication, project management, presentation, educational service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds
- Ability to occasionally work non-traditional schedules, including evenings and weekends, as needed
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Ability to maintain regular and acceptable attendance levels
- Ability to maintain professional ethics and confidentiality of students in accordance with applicable laws and policies
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to respond in the event of an emergency
- Ability to perform a Medium Duty job, according to the Selected Characteristics of Occupations Defined in the Revised Dictionary of Occupational Titles, U.S. Department of Labor and Industry. Medium Duty involves exertion of 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds continuously to move objects.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must apply online at www.fvcc.edu/jobs; paper submission of applications or resume materials are not accepted. FVCC does not retain application materials for future consideration.
Additionally, applicants are required to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application (NOTE: FVCC's applicant tracking system will time-out after 45 minutes of inactivity. Please have your documents ready to upload before you click the Apply button.) :
- Letter of application indicating how you meet the minimum qualifications and detail your work experience as it relates to the position's Knowledge, Skills and Abilities; AND
- A current, comprehensive resume; AND
- Unofficial transcripts for ALL degrees held - if more than one transcript, combine and upload as one document. (As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will submit official transcripts for all degrees held to FVCC HR prior to hiring. Only transcripts from accredited institutions will be accepted.)
- Other: Copy of Current Montana RN License
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION: FVCC is an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action organization. It is FVCC's policy that all individuals are entitled to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, creed, political ideas, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran’s status, service in the uniformed services as defined by state and federal law, physical or mental disability, national origin or ancestry except as authorized by law. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs, as required by federal and state laws.
EMPLOYMENT SPONSORSHIP: FVCC is not able to sponsor individuals seeking employment. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION'S, REFERENCE CHECKS, AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS: Prior to any offers of employment, FVCC conducts thorough employment verifications and reference checks and may contact organizations and individuals not listed on an applicant's application or resume. Additionally, FVCC conducts post-offer criminal background checks.
FVCC BOARD POLICY: The FVCC Board Policy Manual is available to review at: https://www.fvcc.edu/about-fvcc/board-of-trustees/fvcc-board-policy
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: FVCC provides reasonable accommodations upon request to qualified individuals with disabilities during all phases of employment including the application and selection process. No applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ACT: Preference applies in hiring and provides a uniform method by which special consideration is given to qualified Veterans. Veterans’ Preference laws do not, however, guarantee Veterans a job, nor do they give Veterans’ preference in internal actions such as promotion, transfer, reassignment, and reinstatement. I understand that applying for a preference is voluntary and that all information related to a preference is confidential and used only during the hiring process; the information will be maintained in a separate confidential file. To claim Veterans' Preference, you must complete the Veterans' Preference Form (form is available at: https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf) and email it along with document(s) that verify your eligibility for employment preference to Jobs@fvcc.edu. Claims for Veterans' preference must be received by Human Resources prior to position closing date.
WINDFALL ELIMINATION PROVISION: Based on the Windfall Elimination Provision, I understand my employment may not be covered by Social Security. To learn more about the Windfall Elimination Provision click https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10045.pdf.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.