Seeking a skilled, technologically-savvy individual to prepare and conduct Java & Python training processes at the Workforce Development Center in Clarksdale, MS. The person will assist in designing all training modules and managing their development, creation, and implementation; including, creating training guides, learning paths, content and supporting materials. The trainer will conduct all technical instruction using adult learning practices and procedures to engage the trainees and must be committed to providing trainees with essential technological and employability skills to secure employment
The Trainer must possess a solid knowledge of Java/Python programming combined with good presentation and instructional delivery skills. The person will need to effectively communicate to trainees, complex technical information in easy to understand language to aid comprehension.
- Expert-level knowledge of Java and Python programming and SQL
- Excellent presentation skills
- Able to explain technical information in plain language
- Good communication skills; effectively use training materials and media - utilizes interpersonal, written, and visual communication skills to bring together text, images, video and audio to communicate and educate the trainees on training materials
- Hands-on training style; makes learning easier for trainees
- Strong understanding of best training practices
- Excellent written, communication and documentation skills
- Instructional design knowledge and experience
- Experience with curriculum development, deployment, and delivery of training.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline, and/or 4-5 years’ relevant experience.
- Requires experience with computer science fundamentals including code, to be able to explain in a classroom environment. Requires experience with code with languages such as Python, Java, C#, .NET, etc.
- Requires a minimum 1 year of experience in developing and delivering instructional material.
- Possess a natural curiosity, passion for learning new things, and desire for sharing knowledge with others.
About Coahoma Community College:
Coahoma Community College is an accredited public comprehensive institution of higher learning committed to providing accessible, affordable, diverse, and quality educational programs and services. The ninety-nine acre campus lies in an agrarian setting along Clarksdale-Friars Point Road near the Mississippi River, which forms the western boundary of Coahoma County. Bordered on the east by a quiet and picturesque lake, the school site is conducive to wholesome recreation as well as to serious study.