Date: May 13, 2021
Title: Support Professional – Nursing Programs
Position Number: 1136
Hours: 18 hours per week/40 weeks. Schedule will be determined in conversation with the supervisor*
Salary: APSS, Level D, $15.08 per hour
Reports to: Nursing Programs Director
Close Date: Open until filled
* Ability to work flexible hours and some evenings
Provide support for Nursing Programs Director, Nursing Department Faculty, and current &prospective nursing students
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
● Receive student visitors, answer phones, and screen calls.
● Schedule appointments and meetings.
● Enter and file student data and follow up correspondence.
● Maintain accurate records, files, and office activities with strict standards of confidentiality.
● Route incoming mail and assist with printing orders for the Nursing Department.
● Compose & conduct accurate written correspondence (letters and e-mail), forms, reports, tables, graphs, memos, as needed.
● Deal effectively with students’ questions and/or concerns related to the nursing program or guide them to the appropriate resources, person(s), or department, as needed.
● Assist with maintaining accurate content on department website.
● Assist with maintenance and posting of the official copy of the Nursing Student Handbook.
● Assist with development of various departmental public or internal documents including brochures, handbooks, departmental policies or practices, etc.
● Assist the Nursing Department in planning and coordinating department related events, as needed.
● Prepare meeting materials as requested. Record, type and distribute meeting minutes.
Archive documents for accreditation and licensing reports.
● Conduct regular phone surveys of graduates, six to twelve months post-graduation, and compile survey data.
● Provide secretarial support for administrative and instructional staff as appropriate.
● Actively engage in activities that promote professional development goals and needs.
● Regular attendance during normal schedule hours is required. Being present is essential for serving customers and performing the essential functions of this position.
● Other responsibilities as determined by the Director of Nursing Programs and/or in collaboration with the full time administrative support personnel.
● Associate’s Degree required or comparable combination of relevant education and experience.
● National Career Readiness Certificate preferred.
● 2 years of experience in a customer service position.
● Excellent proofreading skills and have aptitude for detailed work, including: record keeping, filing, and preparation of accreditation reports and documents.
● Strong command of the Microsoft Office Suite, plus a willingness to learn additional proprietary software
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● The following competencies are essential and will be evaluated for our candidates through the evidence based selection process:
● Information Skills
● Leadership Skills
● Judgement & Decision Making
● Getting Information
● Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
● Interacting With Computers
● Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships
● Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
● Documenting/Recording Information
● Processing Information
● Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events
● Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge
● Performing Administrative Activities
● Making Decisions and Solving Problems
● Communicating with Persons Outside Organization
● Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards
● Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings
● Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others
● Ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds.
● Ability to perform daily routine and unexpected duties with minimal supervision.
● Ability to organize, manage and prioritize multiple tasks, and meet timelines in a multiproject environment with minimal supervision.
● Must be proficient in verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively and professionally with diverse populations.
● Project a professional image including punctuality, positive attitude, and a consistent attendance record.
● Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills, with a diverse population, including under stressful conditions. This includes effective communication and pleasant, helpful manner in person, on telephone, or via written communication.
● Must use good judgment in handling sensitive or difficult situations, while maintaining confidentiality.
● Knowledge of Nursing Licensure in Michigan
● Familiarity with Nursing Accreditation
● Ability to work in busy office environment with frequent interruptions
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online applications for this position at https://www.grcc.edu/jobs. The posting will remain open until filled. Please include your
resume and cover letter in one document. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visa
sponsorship is not available.
Grand Rapids Community College creates an inclusive learning and working environment that recognizes the value and dignity of each person. It is the policy and practice of GRCC to provide equal educational and employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, religion, marital status, sex/gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, height, weight, national origin, disability, political affiliation, familial status, veteran status or genetics in all programs, activities, services, employment and advancement including admissions to, access to, treatment in, or compensation in employment as required by state and federal law. GRCC is committed to reviewing all aspects of GRCC programs, activities, services and employment, including recruitment, selection, retention and promotion to identify and eliminate barriers in order to prevent discrimination on the basis of the listed protected characteristics. The College will not tolerate any form of retaliation against any person for bringing charges of discrimination or participating in an investigation. Further information may be obtained from the EEO Office or the Office of General Counsel, 143 Bostwick Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3295.