The Digital Therapeutics Alliance (DTA) is seeking a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to lead the organization into its next phase of growth. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated the ability to lead an organization, devise industry-level strategy, execute initiatives that align with the
Alliance’s mission and vision, and build impactful stakeholder and industry relationships.
- Further expand DTA’s strategic vision, ensure ongoing execution of the organization’s mission, and lead and implement organization initiatives
- Identify new growth opportunities for the organization and prioritize efforts that will lead to the greatest degree of success for DTA members and DTx industry stakeholders
- Ensure internal organization, DTA member, and external stakeholder alignment on target efforts and initiatives
- Understand and navigate evolving trends across the healthcare and digital therapeutic landscapes
- Grow DTA’s membership and revenues year over year
Industry Engagement – Partnerships, Communications & Policy
- Establish and manage U.S.-based partnerships and relationships, in addition to select international partnerships
- Oversee DTA communication campaigns and efforts o Serve as the primary organization spokesperson o Conduct media interviews and participate in industry podcasts and webinars o Attend industry events and deliver presentations on behalf of DTA
- Lead DTA’s policy efforts o Work with regulatory agencies to evolve processes related to recognizing, classifying, and regulating DTx products o Identify, and draft when appropriate, DTA’s responses to formal policy proposals o Directly engage with U.S. policymakers (e.g., Capitol Hill, HHS, FDA, CMS)
DTA Member Engagement
- Establish meaningful relationships with DTA member organizations, including participation in new member onboarding meetings, overseeing member engagement activities, and identifying new benefits for DTA member organizations
- Oversee management and leadership of DTA’s monthly Asia Pacific, Europe, and North
America Work Group meetings
- Facilitate DTA membership meetings, including Town Halls, Member Company
Showcases, and bi-annual membership business meetings
- Serve on the DTA Board of Directors in an ex-officio role and manage all Board-level efforts and initiatives
- Oversee strategic direction of DTA’s Clinician and Payor Advisory Boards
- Maintain responsibility for ongoing oversight of DTA staff, consultants, and day-to-day organization functions
- Grow and manage the Resource Partners Program in collaboration with the Director of Operations
Desired Skills and Experience
We are seeking a candidate who is passionate about bringing the organization into its next phase of growth, with 10+ years of demonstrated experience related to:
- Strategic and visionary leadership of a non-profit, for-profit, or trade association o Develop and lead ongoing execution of organizational strategic plans o Identify priority initiatives to serve member organizations and support the organization’s mission and vision o Demonstrated ability to grow an organization’s impact, membership, and revenue o Management of and/or participation on a Board of Directors o Understanding of the legal and practical implications of operating a 501(c)(6) organization o Experience setting fiscal goals and managing budgets o Proven track record of managing all levels of an organization and building a strong, collaborative work culture o Experience managing company HR and legal issues o Business development and fundraising experience
- Initiation and maintenance of impactful relationships with a diverse set of organizations, industry partners, and stakeholders to enact meaningful, measurable changes o Ability to identify forthcoming trends in the healthcare and DTx industries o Experience launching public education campaigns o Understanding of policy, payor, clinician, and patient care ecosystems o Development of consensus positions that incorporate varying points of view and do not compromise the organization’s primary mission and work o Experience in the medical device and/or pharmaceutical industries
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, typically 15-25%
- Exceptional writing, interpersonal, and oral communication skills
Founded in 2017, the Digital Therapeutics Alliance is a non-profit trade association of industry leaders and stakeholders engaged in the evidence-driven advancement of digital therapeutics.
As the leading international organization on digital therapeutic thought leadership and education, DTA provides patients, clinicians, payors, and policymakers with the necessary tools to evaluate and utilize DTx products.
DTA’s members – including organizations dedicated to manufacturing, evaluating, supporting, and utilizing DTx products – work to transform global healthcare by advancing high quality, clinically-validated digital therapeutics to improve clinical and health economic outcomes.
Alliance members include 45+ companies from 15 countries across Asia Pacific, Europe, and
The DTA team has grown over the past year to include a Director of Operations, Engagement
Manager, and Administrative and Operations Coordinator. DTA’s current Executive Director is transitioning into a full-time role to support the CEO and organization through leadership of key organization initiatives, ongoing development of content, APAC & European partnerships and policy efforts, and external affairs.
This is a full-time, exempt position with multiple direct reports. The candidate must be eligible to work in the United States, with a preference for the candidate being based in the
Washington, DC region. This position is benefits and bonus eligible, with the current compensation range at $130,000 – $160,000 annually.
Candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $130,000.00 - $160,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday