An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities:
1. Directs and assists students, faculty and staff with all phases of library operations, including library learning commons operation, in support of curriculum and program needs in order to contribute to the success of our students.
2. Establishes priorities and oversees expenditures and fiscal controls for purchase of library materials, including print, non-print and electronic resources, technological operations and equipment, furniture, supplies, and contracts.
3. Oversees and participates in the library’s information literacy instruction programs, as well as the library’s information literacy assessment efforts, in accordance with campus and College needs and directives.
4. Establishes priorities and guidelines for collection management, circulation and use of library items and resources as well as for information and research services provided by library staff.
5. Maintains records and files necessary for access and inventory of library holdings; collects, evaluates and reports data regarding the library’s collections, in a timely and accurate manner.
6. Directs planning and resource allocation to meet the present and future needs of the library in order to provide responsive and efficient delivery of library services.
7. Directs, supervises, and participates in ongoing review and assessment of library educational support resources and services in order to effectively meet curriculum, faculty, and student needs.
8. Coordinates library participation and contractual arrangements in local, state, regional and national networks or consortia in order to provide needed library resources, training, and services.
9. Collaborates with, and oversees communication of library staff with, other campus and College personnel as well as external agencies, such as the Delaware Division of Libraries, TCLC, etc., to maintain and ensure the integrity of the College’s library system and catalog, access to library resources and services, information literacy instruction, and learning commons operations.
10. Supervises and evaluates library staff, including librarians, specialists, technicians, and student assistants and ensures appropriate staff development, sufficient staffing levels, and appropriate library services during hours of operation.
11. Coordinates and participates in library outreach to students, faculty, and staff.
12. Provides periodic reports to, and executes policies and procedures, as directed by the Dean of Instruction.
13. Sets and meets departmental goals in conjunction with campus and College goals and objectives and the vision and mission statement of the College.
14. Performs other related duties as required.