An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities:
1. Plans and develops written weekly lesson plans for the developmentally appropriate child development activities related to the following domains: cognitive, language, physical, and social emotional.
2. Assesses the physical, cognitive, social, and emotional development of the children using guidelines provided by the Child Development Center Manager. Identifies and reports any developmental delays to the Child Development Center Manager in order to determine if referrals for special services are needed.
3. Maintains on-going communication with staff, children, and their families.
4. Under the direction of the Child Development Center Manager, maintains health and safety standards for all program environments.
5. Works with the Child Development Center Manager to supervise Early Childhood Classroom Assistants and/or volunteers, including coordinating their daily assignments and providing feedback.
6. Maintains written and electronic records regarding each child’s development, daily activities, injury reports, etc. as assigned by the Child Development Center Manager.
7. Makes recommendations to the Child Development Center Manager for the purchase of supplies, equipment, and classroom materials.
8. Assists in maintaining the cleanliness of supplies and equipment and performing light housekeeping duties for the Center as needed.
9. Conducts parent conferences a minimum of two per year.
10. Monitors, facilitates, and reviews Early Childhood Education Methods and Practicum students with their laboratory experiences.
11. Performs other related duties as required.