NEW RIVER COMMUNITY AND TECHNICAL COLLEGE
invites applications for the position of:
Maintenance Worker I
This position cleans, maintains and assists with repairs to grounds, fixtures, facilities and buildings on the Raleigh County Campus. This position will be responsible for security on the campus. Travel is required between campuses to complete similar duties on other New River campuses/sites.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Maintenance and Cleaning:
- Provides support to maintenance workers, trade specialists as assigned by the supervisor. General custodial care of interior and exterior of buildings by sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing, disinfecting, waxing and polishing floors. Clean and disinfects bathrooms and kitchenettes including walls, floors, fixtures, stalls, mirrors, lavatories, commodes, glass doors, awnings and other items. Removal of trash from offices, commons areas, and outside areas. Sweeping, shoveling and removing of ice, and snow and debris from sidewalks, steps, roadways and entrances. Dispenses snow and ice melt as needed. Cutting grass, weed removal, unloading trucks, painting, provides support to maintenance workers and trades specialists as assigned by supervisor.
- Security Patrol:
- As needed and for coverage. Patrols campus grounds & buildings, provides security presence campus/campus events. Monitor Systems and Procedures: Alarm systems, physical plant utility systems, campus traffic/parking. Crime Reports/Reporting: reports to proper authorities and supervisors all incidents, collaborate with local Law Enforcement. Provide assistance to campus visitors, students, staff and faculty; minimize harm to Persons and Property; investigate all suspicious behaviors and updating security postings.
- Locking and Unlocking classrooms, offices, meeting rooms, exterior doors, gate, and others. Assisting with crisis management and other urgent situations.
- Miscellaneous and other duties as assigned including but not limited to:
- Assisting with set-up and removal of event items, responding to requests from faculty, staff and students and the generic public, unloading and loading supplies, materials, office furniture, storing supplies, and other assigned duties.
Travel between campuses is required.
High School or GED required.
Education beyond high school in a related field, vocational training, certificate, etc. may be given preference.
- Over six (6) months of related experience in security, patrolling, monitoring/surveillance is required.
- Over six (6) months of related related experience in housekeeping, custodial, janitorial or grounds keeping is required.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Operation of equipment – buffers, vacuums, strippers, lawn mowers, snow blowers, leaf blowers, etc.
- Knowledge of grounds, general maintenance and cleaning
- Good hand-to-eye coordination and balance skills
- Ability to lift more than 30 pounds
- Ability to deal tactfully with students, staff, faculty and the general public
- Ability to stand, walk and physically exert for long periods of time
- Ability to multitask with good organizational skills
- Ability to comprehend and follow oral and written instructions
New River Community and Technical College is an Affirmative Action/ADA/Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to the principle that minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, blindness, veteran status, family status, or disability in its educational programs or in admission to, access to, treatment in or employment as required by applicable state and federal law.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
280 University Drive
Beaver, WV 25813
MAINTENANCE WORKER I
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $11.38 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
Company's Facebook page: