West Virginia Northern is seeking applicants for an Information Systems Specialist.
This is an on-campus position based in Wheeling, WV with college-wide responsibilities.
Responsible for conducting research/analyses and longitudinal studies that support the institution, its strategic planning, and effectiveness efforts. Creates and implements all institutional surveys utilizing institutional reporting software, survey software, and other Institutional Research (IR) supported systems.
Professional position that serves as department or unit support for design, implementation, and evaluation of statistical analyses and reports. Job responsibilities primarily deal with issues related to a unit's hardware/software support or data management. Determines how to accomplish defined results with few or no guidelines to follow, although precedents may exist. Supervisor/manager provides broad guidance and overall direction. Work involves extensive and consequential support, development, or recommendation of major objectives, policies, programs, or practices. Problems faced in this position are highly varied, complex, and often non-recurring, which may require novel and creative approaches to resolution. Decisions have significant and broad implications for the management and operations of a division/entire organization, and may contribute to decisions on the overall strategy and direction of the department or unit.
Internal Job Information
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Designs, implements and evaluates statistical analyses and reports.
- Research and provide analyses and longitudinal studies for programs, courses, financial/budgetary purposes, student enrollment metrics, facilities planning, instructional workload, demographic/socio-economic information, graduation, and job placement.
- Warehouses, reports, and coordinates data collection related to surrounding community, external constituents, employer feedback, advisory committees, student service learning, internships, alumni/graduate follow-up, transfer students to facilitate institutional planning and effectiveness efforts
- Designs, coordinates, and implements all institutional surveys using tools such as CourseEval, SurveyMonkey, etc.
- Administrates WVNCC's surveying software including for course evaluations.
- Designs and administrates annual institutional surveys, including annual student satisfaction survey, annual first-time student survey, and other surveys that support the college's institutional planning and effectiveness efforts.
- Plans, coordinates, and facilitates student summit and focus groups.
- Provides routine and ad hoc analyses, written and/or verbal reports, and summaries in support of institutional planning and effectiveness.
- Designs and maintains institutional databases and other IR supported systems.
- Plans, designs, and executes research projects including survey research and statistical analysis
- Develops and maintains routine reporting schedules for institutional data - weekly enrollment reports, Institutional Fact Book, etc.
- Assists with and/or executes the collection of reporting of institutional data to various external sources (HEPC, IPEDS, external agencies, etc.)
Serves as technical support and backup for the Blackboard system.
Provides general support to the supervisor and department.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements: Education:
Bachelor's Degree in computers, research methods, statistics, or a related field, required.
A combination of education, training, and work experience may be considered
1 year +
Higher Education or Institutional Research
2 year +
Statistical analysis and survey methodology
2 year +
Excel - advanced experience including functions
1 year +
Banner or similar system administration/technical experience
1 year +
Minimum 6 months
Knowledge of regulatory regulations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities; Additional Information:
Excellent computer skills including Oracle/SQL language and report creation
Advanced knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing, and internet research
Knowledge of survey methodology, survey software, and web-based/cloud-based survey products
Ability to gather, interpret, and analyze data concerning a variety of issues and trends.
Ability to work with internal colleagues and external constituents with attention to customer service
Ability to maintain a high-level of confidentiality
Strong attention to detail
Strong verbal communication and listening skills
Demonstrated written communication skills
Excellent organizational skills
Demonstrated problem solving skills
Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines