Position TitleTesting Specialist
Internal Position TitleTesting Specialist
DepartmentTesting Center, LSC
The Testing Specialist, under the direct supervision of the Testing Manager, Lakeshore Campus and in conjunction with the Testing Manager, Grayslake Campus, assists in the administration and coordination of testing services at the Lakeshore Campus. The Testing Specialist is responsible for proctoring exams in compliance with a variety of testing rules and regulations, scoring and reporting test results, maintaining test security, integrity, records and other related responsibilities. The Testing Specialist supports the overall operation of day to day testing activities, provides input and feedback and assists in training testing staff as needed.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1) Bachelor’s degree.
2) Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, software programs and the ability to troubleshoot technical issues.
3) Excellent customer service skills.
4) Demonstrate history of dependability and accountability.
5) Proficient problem-solving skills.
6) Excellent organization, and interpersonal skills.
Proficiency in MS Word and Excel. Ability to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, and communicate with others. Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment. Proven ability to work effectively with individuals and teams from diverse backgrounds and professional responsibilities. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to multi-task and work under pressure. Ability to adapt to changing priorities and schedules. Ability to work with confidential information.
Ability to sit and interact with public (over the phone, email, or in person) continuously, and walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, twist, lift (0-50+ lbs), carry (0-50+ lbs) and push (0-300 lbs) occasionally.
1) Testing experience.
2) Experience working in higher education.
3) Bilingual in Spanish and English
Total Hours per week40.00
Monday – Thursday 11:30 a.m.- 9:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m.
Software Testing RequiredExcel, MS Word
Interview Process RequirementsNone
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
Department Operations and Procedures: 30%
1) Aids in supervising and coordinating testing services at the Lakeshore Campus.
2) Aids in supervising, supplying input about and training testing employees, including classified and temporary employees.
3) Scores and reports test results as appropriate.
4) 4)Serves as Pearson Vue Center proctor.
5) Aids in maintaining inventory of all supplies and materials for testing services.
6) Maintains proficiency in testing and college related technology such as register blast, zoom, Microsoft applications, canvas, and net support.
Student and Customer Service: 40%
1) Communicates and interacts with staff, faculty, external testing services, community partners and others to ensure effective and efficient delivery of testing services.
2) Supplies clear and concise instructions and information for testing participants and staff.
3) Handles and resolves customer service and staff issues and reports them to supervisor as appropriate.
4) Aids in supervising, supplying input about and training testing employees, including classified and temporary employees.
1) Administers all exams in strict compliance with applicable testing rules, regulations, and procedures.
2) Maintains exam equity, records, and confidentiality of testing student information.
3) Attends all trainings, certification programs and professional development workshops necessary to ensure the appropriate, effective, and efficient delivery and supervision of testing services.
4) Serves as a safety coordinator for the role.
5) Organize and prepare the WorkKeys and In-person NLN exam for proctoring.