The College of Business at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Coordinator, Academic Programs, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Manage faculty travel requests – collect travel authorization request forms; obtain chair authorization and approval; manage expense and reimbursement processes in Workday; maintain and submit mileage expense/reimbursements for faculty/staff; develop and maintain an annual tracking system of all travel requests by individual faculty to ensure we do not exceed reimbursement limits and to be used for various data requests/reports.
- Coordinate graduation commencement ceremony attendance each term with faculty members attending in regalia; serve as liaison with Graduate Advising to reserve and obtain regalia for faculty members.
- Serve as liaison to the College of Business Advising office and Dean’s office to recruit faculty to participate in student, recruitment, alumni or other special events.
- Manage annual departmental faculty awards applications process; update/purchase award plaques.
- Provide administrative support to faculty – including ordering supplies; making copies; ordering examination copies of textbooks from publishers; proctoring makeup exams; submitting requests from faculty to the OIT Department for specific IT issues and serving as a liaison between the two; maintaining and distributing office hours schedule for all faculty.
- Collect and maintain syllabi for all courses; review and ensure that the current template is being used and syllabi meet university requirements including correct university policies information; upload syllabi in to the Credentialing Wizard website. Respond to requests from Advising or students for copies of past syllabi for course equivalency reviews.
- Development and implementation of the course schedule, including making schedule updates as needed in the CourseLeaf/CLSS website, preparing course schedule spreadsheets for the chair/faculty, reviewing information for accuracy and completeness before it is posted live on the FAU website; serving as a liaison between the department and the Executive Education scheduling team to ensure all Marketing and Hospitality Market Rate courses are appropriate scheduled and assigned; serving as liaison between the schedule coordinator in the Dean’s office and faculty when a classroom reassignment is requested.
- Monitor course enrollments and make recommendations regarding schedule changes and registration.
- Coordinate textbook information with faculty; order textbooks for each specific course section/CRN by entering materials into Follett Concierge system by the university-established deadline each term, ensuring accuracy and completeness. Serve as a liaison between faculty and the FAU bookstore and between the faculty and textbook publisher representative.
- Serve as department’s liaison to the Registrar’s office to ensure course catalog information is complete and correct; prepare forms and manage approvals process for course change submissions to the catalog.
- Supervise student workers and teaching assistants to ensure quality of work and faculty/student needs are met.
- Update and maintain staff, faculty, student worker and graduate assistant information in the OPS spreadsheet for payroll and overload; enter job descriptions and completing all required forms.
- Maintain accurate and complete personnel files.
- Enter faculty assignments and ensure accuracy of activity reporting in the Faculty Academic Information Reporting (FAIR) System each term.
- Manage the hiring, credentialing and on-boarding processes for adjunct instructors. Includes requesting position job ID; maintaining and submitting job descriptions as needed; collecting appropriate materials (CVs, transcripts, syllabi, etc.); entering data in Credentialing Wizard webpage; securing administrative approvals; generating offer letters; communicating with new hires and ensuring their timely completion of onboarding tasks.
- Manage the hiring and on-boarding processes for graduate assistants, teaching assistants, research assistants and student workers. Includes: Assisting in identifying and recruiting qualified applicants; arranging student job interviews with department Chair or Director of Hospitality & Tourism; communicating with applicants about hiring process; liaising with Graduate Advising and Executive Education and producing required documentation relevant to job descriptions, hiring processes, tuition waivers, student academic eligibility, faculty/course assignments, hiring dates, etc.
- Assist in operational aspects of interview and hiring processes for new faculty. Includes: Coordinating with Chair, Faculty Search Committee, Dean’s office and HR regarding development and approval of the official job description; posting advertisements of the opening in FAU Jobs, ELMAR, the Ph.D. Project, The Chronicle, and other appropriate outlets; communicating with applicants; scheduling and setting up phone or videoconference interviews between candidates and the Search Committee/Chair; assisting with the scheduling of travel arrangements and hotel accommodations for candidates for on-campus interviews; arranging on-campus interview agendas including arranging faculty and dean’s office participation; reserving meeting rooms; arranging meals/reservations; ensuring technology needs are met for presentations; handling all candidate expenses and reimbursements; managing the department’s part of the hiring processes and paperwork; assisting the new hire with moving expense reimbursement; overseeing that the new hire completes on-boarding tasks in a timely manner.
MEETINGS/SPECIAL EVENTS PLANNING
- Schedule faculty meetings, including securing meeting space, sending out calendar reminders, preparing agendas, taking minutes and maintaining meeting records.
- Coordinate operations of special event planning for Department of Marketing and Center for Services Marketing and Management, including reserving classrooms or meeting spaces; ordering food, décor, and other supplies; ensuring appropriate technology in the meeting space; preparing and printing agendas, programs, signage, Powerpoint presentations and other materials as required; developing and distributing promotional materials including social media announcements; developing registration systems and tracking registrations; collecting and depositing attendance fees; liaising with Parking services for speakers/attendees; and other tasks as needed.
- Serve as liaison to the college communications staff to coordinate social media and other promotional outlets for departmental achievements.
- Work with chair and faculty to ensure that activities in the department are recognized inside and outside the college and the university.
- Serve as coordinator of departmental social media including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and other platforms; includes developing original social media content, maintaining regular postings, responding to requests.
- Maintain and continuously improve content of department website.
- Produce a regular email newsletter targeting current majors and minors.
- Work with College of Business Career Services staff to create and administer a survey of new graduates every semester to track job placements/graduate school admissions; keep a database of graduates’ contact information; develop and maintain a database tracking critical metrics regarding graduate placement, including information such as location, industry, job titles, salaries, time of hire, etc.
- Develop communications efforts targeting graduates.
- Develop marketing communications materials for recruitment of majors.
- Work with faculty and COB Advising office to develop promotional materials for specific courses to encourage enrollments as needed.
- Assist chair in managing the Marketing External Advisory board, including communications to the board members; scheduling meetings and managing meeting operations; tracking participation; collecting dues and managing the foundation account.
DATA MANAGEMENT AND REPORTING EFFORTS
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets tracking key departmental performance metrics for regular reporting including IEA Departmental Database Indicators, AACSB assessment and accreditation; and others as required by chair or dean, including faculty publications, service assignments, and course/enrollment teaching loads.
- Track faculty AASCB qualifications status.
- Assist chair in developing and producing Departmental Annual Report and annual internal DDI Report, including compiling data, creating tables/graphics, writing and proofreading text, formatting reports.
- Assist chair and Hospitality program director in developing and producing the seven-year SUS Program Reviews and responses for both Marketing and Hospitality, including collecting and compiling data and materials, developing tables/graphics, proofreading text; formatting reports.
- Manage scheduling and agenda for SUS Program Reviews, including securing faculty participation and attendance.
- Collect and maintain a database of current CVs for faculty, providing them to the Dean’s office each semester and as requested for other needs.
- Manage any requests for data from chair, Hospitality program director, Dean’s office or other university divisions by compiling information from all available data systems, internal tracking, faculty CVs, personnel files, etc. to produce spreadsheets, infographics, tables or other reports as needed.
- Ensure office coverage during work hours and supervise activities of student workers/teaching assistants. Serve as the face of the department to students and other visitors to the department, offering assistance as needed.
- Organize filing system and oversee storage of departmental documents, including personnel files, syllabi, vitae, doctoral dissertations, including both paper and digital storage.
- Serve as liaison to parking and administration for the monthly meter code and distribute code to proper personnel.
- Serve as departmental phone representative, responsible for collecting and maintaining monthly billing records for departmental faculty and staff.
- Office and equipment management: Coordinate with the dean’s office on faculty and PhD student office assignments, coordinate with COB IT group and dean’s office regarding new and replacement computers, printers and other equipment.
- Enter work orders, create purchase orders, supplier and invoices, spend authorization and expense reports in Workday.
- Help manage chair’s schedule – setting meetings, maintaining Outlook calendar.
- Perform other relevant duties connected to the department as requested by chair and faculty.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience required.
Experience with Excel, including use of pivot tables preferred.
Experience with database management tools preferred.
Experience with social media content management and/or website management preferred.
Experience in marketing, promotion or public relations preferred.
Experience with FAU systems including Workday, FAIR, Courseleaf/CLSS preferred.
Excellent writing and communication skills.
Detail-oriented and able to prioritize and manage multiple projects concurrently.
$42,000 - $48,000
College or Department:
College of Business
Work Days and Hours:
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5p.m.
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.