Generous Benefits includes:
- Health/Vision, Dental, Life/ADD & Long-term Disability Insurance: Generous Employer contribution toward the cost of this benefit
- Vacation Leave: Earn up to 15 days per year
- Sick Leave: Earn up to 12 days per year
- Holiday Leave: 12 per year
- Retirement: Participates in MT Public Employees Retirement System and Employer match up to 7% for 403(b)
- Tuition Waiver: Employee plus up to two legal dependents
Open Until Filled; however, first review of application materials is May 17, 2021.
The Database Systems Analyst is responsible for the daily management, monitoring and support of various enterprise data systems used for college records and operations. This includes the student information system, financial aid system, CRM, and possibly, finance systems. Support will include custom coding for data extracts or bridges, data analysis, reporting, and security management.
- Provides user support related to the general use of the college’s core record systems, helps with the definition, development and maintenance of system configuration sets, processor rules, database queries and related functions.
- Performs SIS data reporting and analysis; works closely with system user groups to monitor the integrity of each data set. Manages SSRS reports and stored procedures in FVCC SIS system.
- Creates and manages key database scripting needed for custom data bridges, extracts, and data warehousing.
- Assists with management of SIS system security.
- Assists as needed with SIS vendor liaison duties between FVCC and the college’s core SIS systems vendors.
- Functions as the primary Student Information System (SIS) vendor liaison between FVCC and the college’s core data systems vendors (Core Data Systems includes SIS, and the core systems tied to the SIS, such as the Business Services and Financial Aid Systems).
- Monitors communications from system vendors and user forums related to the daily operations of the college’s principal records systems; evaluates and communicates accordingly.
- Functions as an interdepartmental bridge builder, and user training coordinator.
- Actively participates in the college’s technology planning efforts.
- Implements software systems that enhance and support the various information systems used for college operations.
- Develops, documents, and evaluates pertinent Help Desk policies and procedures.
- Develops, implements, and coordinates the scheduling of relevant IT training sessions for the college’s user base.
- Participates in the planning process for IT and related campus technology as directed by the Director of IT, and in consultation with appropriate students, faculty, and staff.
- Researches and implements new technologies and best practices; stays current with industry trends and best practices
- Serves as an institutional resource on information systems; works closely with faculty, staff and students; assists in providing training, tools and resources.
- Participates on committees and/or working groups for the college’s information system presence.
- Actively participates in the development of a climate that promotes and supports innovation and improved services to students, faculty, and the College.
- Creates and maintains a collaborative and collegial environment with colleagues and maintains effective working relationships.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reports to the Executive Director of Information Technology
- Associate’s degree AND two years of systems support related experience; OR,
- Bachelor’s degree; OR,
- An equal combination of four years of education and related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree AND two years of systems support related experience.
- Work experience with large, complex information systems.
- Knowledge of and experience with database programming, SQL, and data warehousing.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence reporting tools.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to provide quality customer service to a diverse user population, displaying self-initiative and a positive demeanor.
- Desire and ability to be a continuous learner of new hardware, software and technology related concepts, and quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and methodologies.
- Knowledge of, and/or willingness to learn, institutionally accepted data reporting and analysis guidelines and software toolsets.
- Knowledge of SQL relational databases, preferably Microsoft SQL Server.
- Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, via telephone, interactive video equipment, or other electronic means.
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, a variety of Application Programming Interface (API) technologies used for bridging campus systems.
- Ability to work in a creative, fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Ability and willingness to serve as a representative for the College by interacting appropriately with the community.
- Ability to work within policies and procedures of FVCC.
- Ability to maintain effective and positive professional relationships.
- Ability to follow and issue directions.
- Demonstrated professional communication, diplomacy, customer service, management skills, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain regular and acceptable attendance levels.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to respond in the event of an emergency.
- This is a Medium Duty job, according to the Selected Characteristics of Occupations Defined in the Revised Dictionary of Occupational Titles, U.S. Department of Labor and Industry. Medium Duty involves exertion of 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds continuously to move objects.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must apply online at www.fvcc.edu/jobs; paper submission of applications or resume materials are not accepted. FVCC does not retain application materials for future consideration.
Additionally, applicants are required to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application (NOTE: FVCC's applicant tracking system will time-out after 45 minutes of inactivity. Please have your documents ready to upload before you click the Apply button.) :
- Letter of application indicating how you meet the minimum qualifications and detail your work experience as it relates to the position's Knowledge, Skills and Abilities; AND
- A current, comprehensive resume; AND
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees held. (As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will submit official transcripts for all degrees held to FVCC HR prior hire. Only transcripts from accredited institutions will be accepted.), AND
- Three professional references, with complete contact information, must be provided on the application form. Professional references must be individuals most familiar with applicant's work experience, skills, and work behaviors and supervisory experience. Do not list family and friends for professional references.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION: FVCC is an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action organization. It is FVCC's policy that all individuals are entitled to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, creed, political ideas, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran’s status, service in the uniformed services as defined by state and federal law, physical or mental disability, national origin or ancestry except as authorized by law. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs, as required by federal and state laws.
EMPLOYMENT SPONSORSHIP: FVCC is not able to sponsor individuals seeking employment. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION'S, REFERENCE CHECKS, AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS: Prior to any offers of employment, FVCC conducts thorough employment verifications and reference checks and may contact organizations and individuals not listed on an applicant's application or resume. Additionally, FVCC conducts post-offer criminal background checks.
FVCC BOARD POLICY: The FVCC Board Policy Manual is available to review at: https://www.fvcc.edu/about-fvcc/board-of-trustees/fvcc-board-policy
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: FVCC provides reasonable accommodations upon request to qualified individuals with disabilities during all phases of employment including the application and selection process. No applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ACT: Preference applies in hiring and provides a uniform method by which special consideration is given to qualified Veterans. Veterans’ Preference laws do not, however, guarantee Veterans a job, nor do they give Veterans’ preference in internal actions such as promotion, transfer, reassignment, and reinstatement. I understand that applying for a preference is voluntary and that all information related to a preference is confidential and used only during the hiring process; the information will be maintained in a separate confidential file. To claim Veterans' Preference, you must complete the Veterans' Preference Form (form is available at: https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf) and email it along with document(s) that verify your eligibility for employment preference to Jobs@fvcc.edu. Claims for Veterans' preference must be received by Human Resources prior to position closing date.
WINDFALL ELIMINATION PROVISION: Based on the Windfall Elimination Provision, I understand my employment may not be covered by Social Security. To learn more about the Windfall Elimination Provision click https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10045.pdf.