This is a working supervisor position in the Facilities Management Department. Under limited supervision, this position is responsible for planning, overseeing, and assisting with various work details and equipment maintenance in and around community college campus and buildings to keep exterior premises in a safe and orderly condition. Responsibilities include custodial care and maintenance of public or institutional buildings and premises; immediate supervision of crews of skilled, semi-skilled and unskilled employees and student workers performing duties involving all phases of ground maintenance and improvement projects. This position is expected to be part of the response team during inclement weather conditions and other college emergencies.
This position conducts regular performance evaluations for supervised employees. Implements and monitors corrective action plans and employee training.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: *
- Plans, supervises and assists with the work of skilled, semi-skilled and unskilled employees and student workers performing such duties as flower bed preparation, planting and weeding, snow and ice removal from walkways and parking lots, rubbish removal, lawn maintenance (mowing, raking), special events preparation, parking control, and custodial responsibilities to ensure work is completed properly and in a timely manner.
- Confers with supervisor concerning major projects such as landscaping, driveway construction and repair, shade tree and shrubbery maintenance and excavations relating to subsurface utility networks to provide input and exchange information.
- Oversees the repair and maintenance of light and heavy equipment used in grounds maintenance, which may include dump trucks, yard tractors, snow blowers and plows, power movers, fertilizer spreaders, sprinkler systems and other equipment to maximize equipment readiness and availability and to ensure operability.
- Maintains simple records, such as material safety data sheets (MSDS) and summer projects lists and assists with the preparation of cost estimates to document activities and provide information.
- Adheres to all safety rules and procedures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma/GED and four years of experience in grounds maintenance and the maintenance and repair of ground maintenance equipment are required.
Knowledge of materials, methods and equipment used in custodial work and general maintenance and repair; grounds maintenance methods, techniques and equipment, and grounds equipment maintenance and repair are required. Ability to follow oral, written and graphic instructions, to assist in planning grounds maintenance and improvement projects, to keep simple records, and to establish and maintain effective working relationships is required. Ability to plan and supervise the work of skilled, semiskilled and unskilled employees is an essential function of this position. Ability to understand and adhere to college policies, procedures, equipment specifications and safety guidelines in the performance of job duties is required.
NOTE: Demonstration of knowledge/skills/abilities may be required during interview process
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Landscape Maintenance: 4 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)