May 05 2021 MST
Manager II, Accounting
Posted Pay Range:
$21.15 - 26.44 per hour
College of Western Idaho values work-life balance. Taking care of today's needs is as important as planning for the future. Our total compensation for benefited employees, includes health and retirement plans (employer generous contributions), paid time off, opportunities to continue and/or pursue personal development, and much more.
The College of Western Idaho (CWI) expands learning and life opportunities, encourages individual advancement, contributes to Idaho’s economic growth, strengthens community prosperity, and develops leaders.
We are a comprehensive community college providing higher education programs. We offer a full range of academic and career-technical courses leading to an Associate of Arts or Science degree, Associate of Applied Science degrees, continuing education, and certifications. CWI also offers Basic Skills Education to help prepare for a GED, Dual Credit for high school students, and fast-track career training for working professionals.
At CWI we are proud of our talented and dedicated faculty and staff. Our employees have an opportunity to make a difference in students’ lives every day. We are excited for you to join us and share our passion for higher education.
The Accountant II will apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information, compile information for financial reports and utilize appropriate accounting control procedures. This position will be a responsible for a variety of accounting duties including support of the Career and Technical Education (CTE), Facilities, and IT departments, tracking leases, fixed assets, reconciling and invoicing federal, state, and local grants as defined in the grant agreements and maintaining appropriate documentation.
Assist with capital project development, monitor facility projects, evaluate, and prepare assets for capitalization.
- Generate invoices as defined in the grant agreements, maintaining appropriate documentation for the grants, and reconciling the accounts receivable aging for grant
- Review and monitor leases and ensure record appropriately to general ledger.
- Monitor budgets to ensure expenditures are reasonable and meet with Budget Managers regularly to review applicable reports this will include the CTE department.
- Maintain project accounting within the college ERP system including tracking, grant and capital projects.
- Compile and analyze accounting information and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Perform general ledger account reconciliations and analysis on a timely basis. This could include cash accounts, receivables, and liabilities.
- Recognize and resolve accounting discrepancies and prepare reconciling journal entries.
- Conduct periodic Business Office trainings for college personnel and ensure required training is complete.
- Identify and make recommendations for workflow, process improvements, and internal controls.
- Assist with year-end closing and annual audit.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field and 2-3 years of accounting experience.
- A strong accounting background is required, including experience in account reconciliation, financial analysis and assisting with year-end audit.
- Must be flexible and willing to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Must be detail-oriented, have the ability to maintain composure under pressure and be able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must have excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Grants and/or fiscal record-keeping involving complex policies and procedures in a higher education institution preferred.
- Experience in governmental fund accounting preferred.
- Ability to travel to different CWI locations when needed