Position TitleAdjunct Faculty, Medical Imaging
DepartmentBiological & Hlth Sciences Div
Position TypePart-Time Faculty
Job FamilyAdjunct Faculty
Teach one or more medical imaging courses. Teach lecture and lab portion of the medical imaging class. Use appropriate academic and business software.
1. A.A.S. degree or higher.
2. A minimum of 1 year of field experience.
3. ARRT Certified radiologic technologist.
4. Illinois licensed radiographer or eligible for IL state licensure.
5. Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
1. College teaching experience.
2. B.S. degree in education or a health care related field.
3. Bilingual in Spanish and English
Expected Start Date08/16/2021
Special Instructions Summary
Please attach a copy of your certification/license.
Applications are being accepted on an ongoing basis. Your application will remain in the pool until the posting closes. Selected applicants will be contacted by the academic department when an opening is anticipated.
Pay RatePer adjunct contract.
Total Hours per weekNo more than 10 load hours per week.
Variable by course load.
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Software Testing RequiredNone
Interview Process RequirementsPresentation
Summary of Essential Functions
1. Teach one or more medical imaging courses.
2. Prepare class lecture and lesson plans.
3. Teach lecture portion of the class.
4. Teach lab portion of the class.
5. Grade student work.
6. Assign final grades.
7. Complete required administrative tasks.
8. Observe safety protocols related to lab.