Under the direction of the Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs of Connecticut State Community College (CSCC), the Associate Vice President of Academic Operations is responsible for providing oversight for all academic support operations for the college, specifically classroom technology support, instructional technology, classroom scheduling, faculty workload and for the Connecticut State Community College Catalog. The Associate Vice President coordinates all classroom and faculty technology support across all CSCC campuses to ensure that classrooms are equipped appropriately, and that faculty have the training resources that they need to provide world-class teaching in the 21st century. Incumbents must possess proven ability to effectively work with a culturally, linguistically, and ethnically diverse faculty, staff, and student. They are expected to have excellent oral and written communication skills along with strong Information technology literacy skills such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams etc.)
Doctoral degree in an appropriate academic discipline or in higher education administration with five (5) years of senior administrative level leadership experience in higher education and two (2) or more years of community college experience.
Successful Candidate must have or must possess:
- Experience with scheduling community college courses and building cross-campus coordinated course sections that best meets the needs of students.
- Experience working with regional accreditation standards and processes.
- Experience in developing and implementing complex projects and programs in support of college objectives.
- Experience applying analytical tools and methods to measure, forecast and report upon course sections according to student completion needs.
- Experience in developing faculty workload reports, that align with the collective bargaining agreements, and coordinates with the needs of a large, complex 40,000+ student enrollment institution spanning twelve campuses.
- Experience in leadership skills, which emphasize collaboration, consensus building, conflict resolution, and problem solving.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications as stated are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position and by providing appropriate references. Exceptions to the degree requirements may be made for compelling reasons.
- Experience with college academic operations, especially scheduling courses both traditional and online across multiple campus locations.
- Experience with catalog software platforms,
- Experience managing complex and varied multi-campus academic and instructional technology infrastructure.
- Demonstrable knowledge of best practices in course delivery modalities.
- Ability to develop complex scheduling patterns that support enrollment goals and campus needs, as well as statewide scheduling requirements.
- Ability to play a lead role in guiding and shaping course modality delivery by working successfully with faculty, instructional technologists, and college leadership.
EXAMPLE OF JOB DUTIES:
Under the Connecticut State Community College Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Associate Vice President of Academic Operations supervises three regional academic technology managers, the director of catalog, the director of faculty workload as well as the director of campus scheduling and other administrative and/or clerical staff as needed. Through the organizational structure of regional academic technology managers, the AVP of Academic Operations ensures that Connecticut State Community College faculty have the classroom support that they need with both instructional technology in the classroom and online pedagogical technology and support by effective performance in these essential functional areas:
Scheduling; academic IT; the college catalog; and faculty workload for Connecticut State Community College.
This posting includes qualifications, experience and skills but is not limited to the full specifications stated in the job description.
$118,003 to $147,504 (midpoint) approximate annual plus excellent State of CT medical insurance, retirement, and related fringe benefits.
To apply you must submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references with contact information via the CT State Community College Portal at: CT State Community College - Career Page (applytojob.com)
Incomplete applications or those submitted after the closing date will not be considered and links to other sources to view resumes are not acceptable.
All employment, if offered, is contingent upon proof of citizenship or employability under the requirement of the Immigration and Control Act (IRCA) and the successful passing of a background check. CSCU is committed to providing a safe campus community. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check and, when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Continuing Notice of Nondiscrimination
CSCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or criminal record. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Nicholas D'Agostino Manager of Affirmative Action, Diversity, and Inclusion Ndagostino@commnet.edu