Allan Hancock College serves more than 20,000 students in northern Santa Barbara County. Located on the central coast and just minutes from spectacular beaches and rolling vineyards, AHC operates three campuses – the main campus in Santa Maria, a state approved center in Lompoc and a center in Santa Ynez. As one of the largest employers in Santa Barbara County, the college is an integral part of the community and enjoys strong support from local leaders and industry.
AHC, a Hispanic-Serving Institution, is proud to serve underrepresented students. The college has twice received recognition from the Aspen institute as one of the top colleges in the country. If you are looking for a position where you can have a direct impact on our students, AHC may be the place for you!
To learn more about Allan Hancock College and the Central Coast, visit our Human Resources page at www.hancockcollege.edu and click on the Welcome to AHC video.
We are searching for an experienced Statistics Instructors at our Santa Maria Campus facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Allan Hancock College is accepting applications to establish a pool of qualified candidates for part-time Statistics Instructors for future openings at all campus locations.
- Lecture Rate: $48.00 to $73.50 per hour depending upon education and experience
- Lab Rate: $41.80 to $64.00 per hour depending upon education and experience
- Activity and Non-Classroom Rate: $30.89 to $48.21 per hour depending upon education and experience
In its desire to select outstanding faculty members from the largest possible pool of qualified applicants, Allan Hancock College recognizes candidates may have attained expertise in a discipline through a variety of means. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may be judged by the district as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for this position. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications are encouraged to complete the equivalency form and provide appropriate documentation of their qualifications.
A committee will screen all applications. Meeting minimum qualifications does not assure a candidate an interview. Therefore, it is important that the application be thorough and detailed. Applicants will be assessed on the breadth and depth of education, training, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities. A limited number of applicants will be invited for an interview. The district reserves the right to cancel any appointment or to reassign the area of service, extend time limits, reinitiate, or withdraw the recruitment/selection process at any time.
To be considered as a candidate for this position, please submit the following materials online:
- A current a complete resume of education and professional experience
- Transcripts (copies are acceptable for the application process). Official transcripts are required if hired.
Master’s in mathematics or applied mathematics,
Bachelor’s in either of the above
Master’s in statistics, physics, or mathematics education
Master’s in economics
Master’s in engineering
the equivalent per Board Policy 7211
- Demonstrated currency in the instruction of mathematics/statistics at all levels of the community college mathematics curriculum and strong academic preparation in mathematics/statistics as evidenced by undergraduate and graduate course work.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with colleagues and students; plan, organize, and present lecture and lesson materials and concepts and to assess student achievement; work with and assist students having a broad range of skills, motivation, and academic or vocational goals; incorporate current technology and critical thinking into instruction; and design, review, and evaluate curriculum to maintain program currency.
- Knowledge of diverse teaching strategies and demonstrated ability to use a variety of these strategies in the classroom to address diverse learning styles.
- Special Qualification: Evidence of a sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of staff and students and to staff and students with disabilities.
$ 48.00 - 73.50
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.