New Jersey’s academic health center, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) takes an integrated approach to educating students, providing clinical care, and conducting research, all with the goal of improving human health. Aligned with Rutgers University–New Brunswick and collaborating university wide, RBHS includes eight schools, a behavioral health network, and six centers and institutes that focus on cancer treatment and research, neuroscience, clinical and translational research, advanced biotechnology and medicine, environmental and occupational health, and health care policy and aging research.
Our faculty are teachers, clinicians, and scientists with unparalleled experience who advance medical innovation and provide patient care informed by the latest research findings. We offer an outstanding education in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, public health, nursing, biomedical research, and the full spectrum of allied health careers.
Our clinical and academic facilities are located throughout the state including New Brunswick, Piscataway, Newark, Scotch Plains, Somerset, Blackwood, and other locations. Clinical partners include Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, University Hospital in Newark, and other affiliates.
Through this community of healers, scientists, and scholars, Rutgers is equipped as never before to transform lives.
Rutgers RBHS is an anchor institution that boasts locations in Newark, New Jersey, a city of promise.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a motivated Postdoctoral Fellow for the Department of Pharmacology, Physiology and Neuroscience within the New Jersey Medical School.
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, the candidate will conduct research to investigate the neuroprotective and regenerative properties of the cytokine Leukemia Inhibitory factor by evaluating the efficacy of intranasally administered LIF on the regeneration of myelinating oligodendrocytes subsequent to developmental brain injuries. The project will involve studies of growth factor and cytokine signaling in both mouse and rat models of perinatal hypoxia-ischemia.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Participates in experimental design and carries out experiments including animal handling and surgeries.
- Assists with the maintenance of the laboratory facilities, equipment, and instruments.
- Records and analyzes data from experiments.
- Maintains a proper data notebook pursuant to the standards of the department and the Principal Investigator.
- Contributes to the intellectual development of the project.
- Contributes to the writing of manuscripts.
- Pursues independent research grant opportunities.
- Actively participates in scientific presentation and discussions within and outside the institute and engage in
developing new research strategies where appropriate.
- Remains updated on pertinent literature.
- Collaborates with other postdocs and students in the lab.