This position requires a trained bioinformatician, preferably with experience in programming and method development, genomics and next generation sequencing. The proposed focuses on enhancing our understanding of Metagenomics in the context of multiple species and diploid genome. We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills. There will also be opportunities to contribute to other projects at the HGSC that drive novel discovery in areas of human health and precision medicine in both Metagenomics and complex diseases.
Postdoctoral Associates are trainees working in an apprenticeship mode in preparation for a career as a scientific professional.
• Performs in-depth sequence analyses on large genomic datasets.
• Applies existing/ develop novel bioinformatics software to both well- defined and novel genome analysis problems.
• Researches, assesses, and customizes third-party bioinformatics software.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
• Published at least two first author papers in English and demonstrated written communication skills in English.
• Next-Gen Sequencing tools (SAMtools, BWA, bedtools, etc.)
• Experience in computational method NGS development (Python/Perl/C++)
• Experience in working with UNIX & Cluster environments (SGE/Slurm)
A Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or related fields with a dissertation related to Computational Biology.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.