Date: May 3, 2021
Title: Scholarship Coordinator- Part-time -Professional Services: No Benefit
Job ID: 1146
Work Schedule: 28 hours per week
Reports to: Associate Director of Financial Aid Operations
Posting Closes: Until Filled
*For information on “Who are Professional Services: No Benefit Employees?” please visit
This position is responsible for all Financial Aid Office activities related to the administration and
management of over $1M in Grand Rapids Community College Foundation scholarship/grant funds. This
position reports to the Associate Director of Financial Aid Operations and will work in conjunction with
the Foundation office to ensure Foundation scholarships are awarded according to donor guidelines and
within funding limitations, and ensure that recipients maintain eligibility requirements throughout the
awarding periods. This individual will help lead scholarship recipient workshops, scholarship related
presentations, and assist in other events in support of Foundation, Financial Aid, and Enrollment
Management initiatives. This individual will play a vital role in providing scholarship and financial aid
services to students, high schools counselors, and College employees - in person, via phone, email, and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
●Coordinate all facets of the GRCC Foundation Scholarship application and awarding processes,
including, but not limited to, identifying eligible applicants, selecting recipients, and monitoring
student eligibility and fund balances.
● Meet and collaborate with Foundation staff to ensure open lines of communication and to
facilitate process efficiencies and enhancements.
● Identify necessary scholarship criteria modifications and communicate with Foundation Office.
Update criteria and related information within the Academic Works system, as needed.
● Monitor incoming scholarship applications to address any pending document issues.
Communicate with students who have not completed the FAFSA, but wish to be considered for
● Communicate with scholarship recipients regarding requirements and responsibilities via email,
text, and phone correspondence. Assign and track scholarship recipient workshop registration
and completion. Monitor associated check lists tied to the authorization and application of
scholarship funds to student accounts.
● Facilitate the application process for scholarships available through the Grand Rapids
Community Foundation, Kalamazoo Promise, GRPS Promise Zone, Challenge Scholars, and other
external organizations, and monitor recipients as necessary.
● Document external scholarship receipt, adjust student financial aid packages as needed, and
forward all scholarship checks to the Cashier’s Office for disbursement.
● Collect requested documentation and participate in annual GRCC Foundation audit.
● Reconcile accounts and facilitate billing processes for all GRCC Foundation scholarships.
● Collect and analyze data and prepare reports as needed for Foundation, Financial Aid Office, the
Foundation Board of Directors, and external entities, as requested.
● Scan and link scholarship documents to student files using Perceptive Content.
● Advise and assist current and prospective students and their families by phone, in-person, and
via email with all aspects of the scholarship and financial aid application process.
● Work in coordination with Financial Aid Office Manager to ensure content for scholarship
webpages is up to date.
● Design CRM, print, and social media campaigns to promote internal and external scholarship
opportunities via the GRCC website and through Academic Works. Ensure a sufficient applicant
pool is secured for advertised funds. Assess operational effectiveness of campaigns.
● Attend professional development conferences, seminars, workshops, and webinars to stay
abreast of current regulations, trends, and best practices in the student financial aid profession.
● Actively support and participate in the Foundation, Enrollment Management Team crosstraining and the Student Affairs Service Excellence models.
● Assist Executive Director of Financial Aid, Associate Director of Financial Aid Operations and
Foundation Office staff with special projects and other duties as assigned.
● Regular attendance during normal scheduled hours is required. Being present is essential for
serving customers and performing the essential functions of this position
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS
● Actively participate in college committees representing the Foundation and Financial Aid offices
– as appointed.
● Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience in financial
● National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) preferred but not required.
● Experience in higher education with foundation or financial aid processing experience preferred.
● Prior experience with institutional scholarship awarding processes and knowledge of best
● Knowledge of accounting principles preferred.
● Proficiency with MS Office products and student information systems (preferably PeopleSoft
Campus Wide Information System). Experience with financial aid-related software and web
systems (Academic Works, Perceptive Content, Raiser’s Edge, SAIG, COD, NSLDS, FAA Access,
● Must demonstrate attention to detail, organizational skills, financial accountability, and sound
decision-making and problem-solving ability.
● Professional and friendly, with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse student,
staff, and community population.
● Ability to treat sensitive and confidential information with appropriate discretion.
● Ability to equability administer Foundation scholarship funds with integrity.
● Analytical abilities and a basic statistical background preferred.
● Ability to accurately document existing Financial Aid and Foundation processes and procedures,
as well as identify and implement process improvements.
● Ability to plan and work independently, as well as collaborate within a team.
● Must be punctual with a good attendance record and the ability to accommodate a flexible work
schedule, which includes evenings and weekends as needed.
● High energy level with enthusiasm and interest in helping and supporting staff, students and
general public in a demanding work environment.
● Ability to work under pressure. Possess mature judgment, flexibility in regards to interruptions
and ability to handle difficult situations.
● Demonstrate initiative and problem-solving abilities.
● Ability to perform routine and unexpected duties with minimal supervision.
● Sitting for extended periods of time.
● Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with a high level of accuracy.
● The ability to function professionally under pressure, while managing multiple concurrent
projects and deadlines.
● Ability to work independently and with groups.
● Ability to work in a fast paced, indoor office environment
Method of Application:
Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online applications for this position. Please apply at
https://www.grcc.edu/jobs. Submit a cover letter and resume in one document. Application
instructions including how to upload attachments can be found here. The opportunity to apply for this
position will close on Until filled. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand
Rapids Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Grand Rapids Community College creates an inclusive learning and working environment that recognizes
the value and dignity of each person. It is the policy and practice of GRCC to provide equal educational
and employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, religion, marital status, sex/gender,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, height, weight, national origin,
disability, political affiliation, familial status, veteran status or genetics in all programs, activities,
services, employment and advancement including admissions to, access to, treatment in, or
compensation in employment as required by state and federal law. GRCC is committed to reviewing all
aspects of GRCC programs, activities, services and employment, including recruitment, selection,
retention and promotion to identify and eliminate barriers in order to prevent discrimination on the basis
of the listed protected characteristics. The College will not tolerate any form of retaliation against any
person for bringing charges of discrimination or participating in an investigation. Further information
may be obtained from the EEO Office or the Office of General Counsel, 143 Bostwick Avenue NE, Grand
Rapids, MI 49503-3295.