$11.25-$13.96 per hour depending on experience-plus $0.30 per hour shift differential, full time, 10 hours per day, 4 days per week, benefit-eligible
Position works Wednesday through Saturday per the following schedule:
- Wednesday, from 3:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
- Thursday, from 3:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
- Friday, from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Generous Benefits includes:
- Health/Vision, Dental, Life/ADD & Long-term Disability Insurance: Generous Employer contribution toward the cost of this benefit
- Vacation Leave: Earn up to 15 days per year
- Sick Leave: Earn up to 12 days per year
- Holiday Leave: 12 per year
- Retirement: Participates in MT Public Employees Retirement System; AND Employer match up to 7% for 403(b)
- Tuition Waiver: Employee plus up to two legal dependents
Open internally only April 21 through April 28, at 3 p.m. Then may open externally if no internal interest.
The Custodian II is responsible for cleaning and light maintenance of college facilities.
- Cleans offices, classrooms, restrooms and other areas; stocks and refills dispensers; empties trash.
- Monitors and maintains college equipment, furniture and buildings.
- Arranges proper room compilation for the various environments and events as directed
- Performs hard floor maintenance including cleaning, stripping, waxing
- Performs carpet care including shampooing and vacuuming
- Replaces light bulbs or other fixture items
- Moves furniture, equipment or fixtures.
- Delivers supplies and stocks area with appropriate supplies
- Locks and unlocks buildings
- Reports malfunctions of fixtures, damages, safety and/or security concerns, accidents, injuries or illness to supervisor
- Provides college campus security and campus safety services.
- Performs snow and ice removal from designated areas
- Performs other duties as assigned to function as successful member of the Custodial Services team
- Reports to the Custodial Supervisor
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience in commercial cleaning
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and skill in using cleaning equipment, products, techniques and standards.
- Ability to read and follow directions
- Ability to be bonded and insured throughout employment
- Ability to meet a high standard of safety and health code regulations
- Ability to safely and efficiently perform all required duties of the position including, but not limited to, operating large machines such as strippers, shampooers, waxers; working on various length ladders; and working with strong chemicals
- Working knowledge of custodial procedures and equipment and ability to identify safety problems
- Ability and willingness to serve as a representative for the College by interacting appropriately with the public, students, potential students and College community
- Ability and willingness to provide quality customer service
- Ability to work within policies and procedures of FVCC
- Ability to maintain effective and positive professional relationships with staff, students, and public
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to maintain regular and acceptable attendance levels
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical screen
- Ability to successfully pass a criminal background check
- Ability to respond in the event of an emergency
- This is a Medium Duty job, according to the Selected Characteristics of Occupations Defined in the Revised Dictionary of Occupational Titles, U.S. Department of Labor and Industry. Medium Duty involves exertion of 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds continuously to move
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must apply online at www.fvcc.edu/jobs; paper submission of applications or resume materials are not accepted. FVCC does not retain application materials for future consideration.
Additionally, applicants are required to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application (NOTE: FVCC's applicant tracking system will time-out after 45 minutes of inactivity. Please have your documents ready to upload before you click the Apply button.) :
- Letter of application indicating how you meet the minimum qualifications and detail your work experience as it relates to the position's Knowledge, Skills and Abilities; AND
- A current, comprehensive resume; AND
- Three professional references, with complete contact information, must be provided on the application form. Professional references must be individuals most familiar with applicant's work experience, skills, and work behaviors. Do not list family or friends as references.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION: FVCC is an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action organization. It is FVCC's policy that all individuals are entitled to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, creed, political ideas, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran’s status, service in the uniformed services as defined by state and federal law, physical or mental disability, national origin or ancestry except as authorized by law. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs, as required by federal and state laws.
EMPLOYMENT SPONSORSHIP: FVCC is not able to sponsor individuals seeking employment. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION'S, REFERENCE CHECKS, AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS: Prior to any offers of employment, FVCC conducts thorough employment verifications and reference checks and may contact organizations and individuals not listed on an applicant's application or resume. Additionally, FVCC conducts post-offer criminal background checks.
FVCC BOARD POLICY: The FVCC Board Policy Manual is available to review at: https://www.fvcc.edu/about-fvcc/board-of-trustees/fvcc-board-policy.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: FVCC provides reasonable accommodations upon request to qualified individuals with disabilities during all phases of employment including the application and selection process. No applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ACT: Preference applies in hiring and provides a uniform method by which special consideration is given to qualified Veterans. Veterans’ Preference laws do not, however, guarantee Veterans a job, nor do they give Veterans’ preference in internal actions such as promotion, transfer, reassignment, and reinstatement. I understand that applying for a preference is voluntary and that all information related to a preference is confidential and used only during the hiring process; the information will be maintained in a separate confidential file. To claim Veterans' Preference, you must complete the Veterans' Preference Form (form is available at: https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf) and email it along with document(s) that verify your eligibility for employment preference to Jobs@fvcc.edu. Claims for Veterans' preference must be received by Human Resources prior to position closing date.
WINDFALL ELIMINATION PROVISION: Based on the Windfall Elimination Provision, I understand my employment may not be covered by Social Security. To learn more about the Windfall Elimination Provision click https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10045.pdf.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.