Assistant Director of Residential Life
for Housing Operations
Office of Residential Life, Rose Hill
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Student and Director, this position leads the Office of Residential Life’s comprehensive housing operations program.
- Supervises one full-time and two part-time staff and the housing operations-related responsibilities of 12 full-time Resident Directors (RDs), design and management of StarRez online housing operations system, housing assignment process, annual room selection process, room change process, vacate process, new student and returning student housing mailings, housing occupancy reports, projections, and revenue tracking, among other responsibilities.
- Manages the damage assessment and billing processes including room inspections, Room Condition Reports (RCRs), community billing, community area inspections, damage summary reports, etc.
- Serves as liaison to Facilities Operations, Facilities Engineering, and Custodial Services in maintaining the residential facilities, addressing students’ needs and concerns, planning for and implementing repairs and scheduling, and coordinating building renovations.
- Serves as liaison with Information Technology (IT), Telecommunications, and Student Data Services to address student needs with telephone service, internet service and cable television service in the residence halls as well as other Residential Life databases such as Symplicity.
- Supervises the Summer Housing Program including staff service to summer conferences and camps.
- Coordinates all openings and closings of a 3,500-student housing program with 12 residence halls/housing areas and Integrated Learning Communities.
- Manages the Residential Life key inventory system including for lockouts and loss, lost keys, changes, etc.
- Manages the Visitation (sign-in/sign-out) and Guest Pass procedures within the Office of Residential Life.
- Serves as liaison between the Office of Residential Life and management of Belmont Community Housing, the University’s leased off-campus housing program as well as the housing unit at Calder Center in Armonk.
- Serves high-level emergency on-call duty rotation with colleagues in the Office of Residential Life.
- Assists in working evening and weekend campus-wide events with other Office staff; serves as needed along with other professional staff as an Administrative Support Person (ASP) for students involved in high level sexual misconduct cases.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred, preferably in Education, Counseling, Student Affairs, or related field.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in Residential Life preferred.
- Understanding of the Residential Life function within a university, as well as a commitment and appreciation for the liberal arts, Jesuit tradition.
- Experience with StarRez, Excel, and Google Docs/Sheet environment preferred.
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to learn and work with the University Student Information System.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
SEND LETTER AND RESUME TO: email@example.com
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories