Job Posting TitleInstructional Services Assistant II
LocationLos Rios Community College District (Folsom Lake College)
Established in 2004 as the fourth college in the Los Rios Community College District, Folsom Lake College (FLC) is a vibrant teaching and learning institution serving over 8,800 ethnically and racially diverse students each semester. The College and its two educational centers, the El Dorado Center in Placerville (EDC) and the Rancho Cordova Center (RCC), serve the rapidly growing areas of both eastern Sacramento and western El Dorado counties, forming a dynamic learning community committed to academic excellence, innovation, and educational equity.
Our mission is focused on a rigorous educational program with a strong focus on student success. We provide a broad range of academic programs, student support services, learning modalities (including online and hybrid courses), as well as opportunities for student engagement and leadership. We also incorporate the newest technologies for innovative classroom instruction, including collaboration with The Innovation Center Makerspace at the main Folsom campus.
The main Folsom campus also includes the Harris Center for the Arts, a state of the art visual and performing arts venue. The Center presents a diverse program of arts, culture, and entertainment that engages the entire region. It is also home to FLC’s Visual and Performing Arts education programs, as well as local arts organizations and community partners, who embrace the opportunity to perform and learn in a world-class facility.
The main Folsom campus provides educational environments designed to empower, inspire, and enrich our diverse student population, including students from historically underrepresented and underserved populations. Our College awards Associate in Arts or Science degrees, as well as Associate Degrees for Transfer, which guarantee transfer into California State Universities and numerous private and non-profit four-year colleges and universities. We also offer Career Education (CE) certificates and degrees and transfer credit for students who wish to continue their education at a four-year college or university.
Our Commitment to Social Justice and Equity
The main Folsom campus believes that education should belong to everyone. To nourish this inclusion, we champion equity, diversity, social justice, and environmental sustainability as foundational to academic, campus, and community life. We work with the communities we serve toward just and fair inclusion into a society in which all people can participate, prosper, and reach their full potential. We commit to equity-driven decision-making, planning, and reflective processes that are responsive to the diverse identities and experiences in our community.
Under minimal oversight, incumbents serve as a technical resource performing complex tasks related to the development and monitoring of faculty and student schedules and statistical reporting. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to the Scheduling Department.
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days’ vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years) and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full LRCEA contract agreement details.)
Instructional Services Assistant II:
● Monitors faculty assignments for adherence to District policies and procedures and class assignment limitations.
● Updates faculty position control and reassigned time reports, verifies data and resolves discrepancies.
● Maintains master facilities schedule and facilities inventory.
● Assists in the curriculum development process.
● Compiles, prepares, and proofs curricula data for college catalog and schedules.
● Maintains databases and develops and produces related reports.
● Compiles and checks statistical data for enrollment and financial reporting.
● Prepares, calculates, and processes faculty payroll forms and related error reports, such as time sheets, absence reports, and preliminary payroll records.
● Calculates faculty payroll reports, such as revisions track.
● Processes experience enrollments.
● Processes paperwork for on and off-site contract classes and other special requests.
● Assists instructional areas in the scheduling of classes.
● Modifies and maintains a variety of databases and files.
● Compiles information for federal, state, and district reports.
● Responds to requests for information.
● Communicates with students, faculty, and other individuals to disseminate or explain information.
● Assists in preparing and proofing material for published schedule of classes.
● Prepares material for processing.
● Prepares routine correspondence and monthly reports.
● Orders office supplies and materials.
● Composes and types correspondence.
● Oversees work of temporary employees.
● Performs related duties as required.
Work Year12 month
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
Total Hrs per Week/Day40 hours per week
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: Three years of experience related to the duties of the position; AND, two years of college level business, office technology, or related course work from an accredited institution.
Promotion: One year of experience as an Instructional Services Assistant I in the Los Rios Community College District;
AND, two years of college level business, office technology, or related course work from an accredited institution. (Promotional applies to regular current Classified employees working with the Los Rios CCD.)
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
Education must be from an accredited institution.
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. Resume (required).
3. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work indicating degree completion or conferral date (required).
4. Letter of Interest (required).
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified.
● Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as official transcripts.
● It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to also provide unofficial transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position. (Within 60 days of the time of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position).
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Salary$3,756.63 per month LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary InformationNo additional salary information to note
Beginning and/or Ending Dates
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during our business hours.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to email@example.com. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.