Asian American Chamber of Commerce of Greater Philadelphia (AACCGP) is a nonprofit organization that serves Asian business communities of Philadelphia, Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery
Counties in Pennsylvania; Mercer, Burlington, Camden, Gloucester and Salem Counties in New Jersey; and New Castle County in Delaware. AACCGP is a membership-based organization dedicated to serving our membership with a focus on economic development, growth and leadership.
Position Summary — President & CEO
AACCGP is seeking a full-time, highly motivated and dynamic individual interested in growing a highly visible small organization. The President & CEO (“President”) will report to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the successful leadership, management and administration of the organization in accordance with the vision and mission set by the Board of Directors. The President oversees the overall strategic and operational responsibilities of the AACCGP’s staff, programs, and advocacy. In addition, the President is responsible for the following functions:
- Identifying and developing policy positions, that drive awareness on issues impacting Asian American businesses within Philadelphia and surrounding counties.
- Partnering with local government and advocating for laws and ordinances that promote economic growth among Asian American businesses.
- Identifying common needs among local small business owners and arranging lectures, workshops and training seminars on different management issues and opportunities.
- Organizing regular social events that offer AACCGP members a platform to network and share their information and ideas.
- Engaging and energizing AACCGP volunteers, board members, event committees, partner organizations, and funders.
- Developing, maintaining, and supporting a strong Board of Directors by serving as ex- officio of each committee, to promote strategic direction for AACCGP operations.
- Coaching, developing, and evaluating AACCGP staff.
- Expanding revenue generation and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and develop new programming.
- All other duties assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree, with at least 10 years of experience managing a business or economic development nonprofit organization
- A track record of effectively leading and scaling outcome-based organizations and staff.
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Experience in writing policy, research & advocacy preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, and innovative.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Ability to understand Asian cultural and business diversity.
- Enthusiasm and drive for philanthropy and community involvement.
- Strong experience developing relationship and building strategic partnership
This is an exempt executive position that will primarily permit work in an office environment, but the mission of the organization may sometimes require non-standard workplaces. President is encouraged to engage the community at events, fundraisers, and in other social settings. Work requires evenings/weekends to accommodate activities such as networking programs and events,
Board Meetings and representing AACCGP community and public events.
For consideration, interested applicants should submit the following documents:
1. Cover letter
2. Current resume/CV
3. A separate statement (250 words max) that answers the following question:
Why are Asian chambers of commerce needed today, and how would you seek to grow this chamber?
Submissions should be made electronically in a single PDF
Finalist candidates should be prepared to submit three work (3) references (with current contact information), including past direct supervisor(s). No phone calls will be accepted about this position. To learn more about the AACCGP, visit www.asianchamberphila.org.
Application Closing date: Friday, May 21, 2021
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Leadership Experience: 10 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19