F/T Faculty: Business Administration-Management Information Systems (Fall semester) - Bunker Hill Community College
Location: Boston, MA Category: Faculty Posted On: Tue Apr 27 2021 Job Description:
Full-time Tenure Track Faculty Requirements: BHCC seeks full-time faculty who demonstrate a passion for teaching and a desire to join faculty and staff to expand and create new strategies for student success. Candidates should be passionate educators who can facilitate the needs of diverse 21st century learners. Additionally, BHCC seeks faculty who value advising students and wish to contribute fully to the life of the College. Faculty may be assigned courses at one or more of the College's locations.
Letters of application should address the above requirements as well as qualifications for this position.
Position Description: Full-time faculty member in the Department of Business Administration. Responsible for the teaching and curriculum development of courses in areas of Management Information Systems (MIS) and Administrative Support Programs.
- Teach and develop curriculum in areas of the Business Administration Department with primary duties teaching computer applications and management information systems courses
- Evaluate student performance in the classroom using outcomes-based assessments
- Utilize a variety of appropriate teaching strategies to promote students' critical thinking skills and develop instructional material consistent with course objectives
- Participate in program assessment and analysis in determining appropriate goals and objectives of MIS courses and assist in ongoing development of course standards
- Use new technologies in the classroom, as appropriate, to facilitate learning
- Maintain expertise and currency in area of teaching as appropriate for the industry
- Participate in ongoing professional development
- Teach in different modalities such as online, hybrid and remote
- Actively participate in Business Administration Department service and initiatives and subscribe to a commitment of collaboration contributing to department growth
- Actively participate as a faculty member in the general College community and fulfill duties as stipulated in the MCCC Collective Bargaining Agreement
- MBA or Master's degree in Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related disciplines/relevant field of study
- Knowledge and at least five years of practical experience in the field of Management Information Systems
- Experience with and understanding of anti-bias and culturally responsive education
- College-level teaching experience required
- The ideal candidate will have the credentials or expertise to instruct courses in Applications/Concepts, Information Security, Database Design, and other topics in Management Information Systems
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
- Experience teaching online courses, preferred.
- Community college teaching preferred
Salary Range: $50,000.00-$60,000.00. Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education and Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Relocation Stipend May Be Available.
Effective date: To Ensure Consideration, Application Materials Must Be Received By May 28, 2021.