Requisition Id 5756
Research Group Overview:
The Cyber Identity and Biometrics (CIB) group at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) conducts research, development, and deployment of multi-modal data processing technologies to address national security and other worldwide challenges. Our core research competencies are computer vision, data analytics, computational modeling, data visualization and architectures, image reconstruction, signal and image processing, electrical engineering, computer science, and mathematics. In general, CIB’s activities involve first-class interdisciplinary research with other research groups at ORNL, collaborations with private industry and academic partners across the nation, and mission-specific support for national security sponsors. CIB thrives in a culture of respect, diversity, curiosity, and discovery.
To support ORNL mission and strengthen our group’s multi-modal analytical capabilities, CIB invites applications for the position of postdoctoral research associate in the areas of Biometrics and Identity Sciences. These interdisciplinary areas incorporate methods and techniques from the fields of machine learning, computer vision, image processing, and computational imaging.
The new group member will employ agile development methodologies, version control, and different computing platforms for processing of multi-modal data, such as images, video, text, sound, and other sensing data. The new member will research and develop algorithms and systems for the acquisition, processing and matching of human biometrics and other non-physical identification signatures. The developed solutions will be deployed for operational use by our national security sponsors.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- R&D of computer vision algorithms for feature extraction and matching of images and video datasets
- R&D of machine learning algorithms for feature classification and inference
- Development of software to acquire, process, enhance, and analyze data
- Support CIB staff in the development of ideas, white papers, and proposals
- Support principal investigators in the preparation of material to disseminate project’s status, progress, and findings
- Maintain and encourage a work environment of mutual respect and collaboration
- Ph.D., in computer vision, image processing, computer science or closely related field
- Demonstrated experience executing and innovating for R&D projects
- Substantial experience in the implementation of image processing algorithms
- Experience compiling software with external library dependencies
- Desire to collaborate and work with others
- Experience with real-time image processing
- Programming skills in C, C++, Python, and other programming languages
- Experience with Janus programming library
- Experience with GPRC
- Experience with biometrics algorithms and systems
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email ORNLRecruiting@ornl.gov.
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.