The University of Tampa Military Science Department invites applications for a part-time instructor to teach American Military History.
Responsibilities will include:
1. Create syllabus and other course related materials.
2. Teach course(s) according to departmental guidelines.
3. Provide meeting time for students.
4. Complete course grading and submit final grades on the on-line system.
The successful candidate will have:
1. PhD in History (preferred); Master's Degree or military education equivalent in a history-related discipline required.
2. Previous military service preferred.
3. Understanding the place of the military within the wider context of the history of the United States and explaining its relationship to American culture, society, economics and politics.
4. Knowledge of the key evolutionary and revolutionary technological changes in warfare that impacted upon the strategic, operational, tactical, doctrinal, and organizational advances made over time by the American Military.
5. The ability to guide undergraduate students in conducting meanings assessments of past American Military experiences as possible lessons for the present and future.
Please be sure to attach all required documents listed in the attachment box at the bottom of the "My Experience" page of the application before continuing through the application.
Applications for part-time positions are accepted on a continuous basis and reviewed by the department when openings become available. Future teaching assignments are on a term-by-term basis which may include fall, spring and summer.
The University of Tampa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, gender identity, veteran status or any other non-job related criteria. The University of Tampa recognizes the importance of a multicultural community of students, faculty, and staff who seek to advance our commitment to diversity. The University invites applications from underrepresented groups and those who have academic experiences with diverse populations.
To receive full consideration for a faculty appointment with The University of Tampa, please be sure to submit/upload documents as required for this position at time of application submission. Required documents should be submitted in the attachment box at the bottom of the "My Experience" page of the application before continuing through the application.